Grief has been called the unwanted visitor – it shows up when you don’t want it and it often stays longer than we would want. In the midst of seasons of suffering or grieving it’s so easy to feel isolated and to be isolated, the weight of bringing our real selves into community feeling like another burden to bear. Whatever dreams we might have had of how our life we go or what it would look like for us to serve God and others seem to be an impossibility.
Meet my guest this week, Lindsey Wheeler. For over a decade Lindsey and her family have fought through her chronic illness and fought for her special needs daughter. She has felt the sting of isolation and the deep relief and joy of true community. In the midst of it all she has found a way to serve others and share God’s gentle love for them by sitting with them in their grief. Through her small business, Bottle of Tears, she reminds others they are seen in their grief – by her, by God, by a loved one that would send one of her precious vintage bottles.
Connect with Lindsey Wheeler:
- Website: https://www.bottleoftears.com
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/bottleoftears
- Instagram: @bottle_of_tears
- IF: Gathering
- DMA listeners special code for Bottle of Tears— “DONTMOMALONE20” for 20% off any order through January 31, 2023.
- Adopting Special Needs :: Candace and Alice [Ep 213]
- Life Giving Faith in Every Circumstance :: Lisa Appelo :: Summer of Mentorship Week 2
- Be Vulnerable, Find Your People :: Jennie Allen [Ep 354]
- Find links to this week’s sponsors and unique promo codes at heathermacfadyen.com/sponsors.