Ages and Stages Series–The Elementary Years :: Dr. Meg Meeker [Ep 378]
What is your favorite elementary school memory? A teacher you loved? Playing on a favorite team? Parenting elementary school kids can sometimes feel like a breath of fresh air – kids are more capable, they can get their own snacks, help out around the house, and more. But in every stage of childhood our kids are developing and it’s important we give them the tools to do so.
My guest this week is pediatrician, author, speaker, and mom, Dr. Meg Meeker. For over thirty years she has been helping kids and their parents navigate childhood. In this episode she encourages us to let our elementary kids slow down and grow self-esteem and empathy by being and doing with us. We cover a range of topics from identity formation to sensory issues to extra curricular activities.
Connect with [Dr. Meg Meeker]:
- Website: https://www.meekerparenting.com
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/megmeekermd/
- Instagram: @megmeekermd
- Twitter: @megmeekermd
- Podcast: https://www.meekerparenting.com/podcast
- Strong Fathers, Strong Daughters on PureFlix
- Strong Fathers, Strong Daughters: 10 Secrets Every Father Should Know by Dr. Meg Meeker
- Creating Digital Safe Spaces :: Chris McKenna [Ep 360]
- Shaping Your Family Culture :: Kimberly Amici [Ep 294]
- Thrive Market. Get convenient, high-quality, affordable groceries delivered with Thrive Market! Join Thrive Market today and get $80 in free groceries! Visit ThriveMarket.com/DMA.
- Rothy’s. Find your new favorite shoes and get $20off your first purchase at rothys.com/DMA.
- Thrive Causemetics. Right now, you can get 15% off your first order when you visit thrivecausemetics.com/DMA.