Over 20% of Gen Z identifies as LGBTQ+. That’s roughly 1 in 4 of today’s teen and young adult populations. There is a lot of confusion around gender and sexuality in our Christian culture today – how do we love others well that have different belief systems and different language around gender and sexuality? How do we parent our children in a way that honors our faith and what we believe to be true? What do we do with the Church’s reputation of hate towards LGBTQ people we inherited?
With even the staunchest of liberals asking questions around the sharp rise in people identifying as LGBTQ our grace and truth filled responses are more important than ever. This week’s guest, Dr. Preston Sprinkle, is the co-founder and president of The Center for Faith, Sexuality and Gender and has written several books guiding Christians through these areas including Embodied: Transgender Identities, the Church + What the Bible has to Say and People to be Loved.
Connect with Preston Sprinkle:
- Website: https://www.prestonsprinkle.com/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/PrestonMSprinkle?fref=ts
- Instagram: @preston.sprinkle
- Twitter: @PrestonSprinkle
- Podcast: Theology in the Raw
- Bill Maher on Real Time with Bill Maher: New Rule: Along for the Pride
- The Center for Faith, Sexuality, and Gender
- The Center for Faith, Sexuality, and Gender course on Parenting LGBTQ Kids
- Preparing Now for Future Puberty and Masturbation Questions :: Megan Michelson and Mary Flo Ridley [Ep 243]
- Let’s Talk About Sex :: Mary Flo Ridley and Megan Michelson [Ep 328]
- Sexual Identity and Radical Ordinary Hospitality :: Rosaria Butterfield [Ep 301]
- Gay Girl, Good God :: Jackie Hill Perry [Ep 214]
- When to Have “The Talk” :: Mary Flo Ridley [Encore]
- Birds and Bees (Continuing the Conversation) :: Mary Flo Ridley and Megan Michelson [Ep 153]
- HelloFresh. Go to HelloFresh.com/dma16 and use code dma16 for up to 16 free meals AND 3 free gifts!
- Pair Eye Wear. Get glasses as unique as you are. Go to paireyewear.com/DMA for 15% off your first purchase.
- Stitch Fix. Sign up today at StitchFix.com/DMA to get $20 off your first purchase.