“Peaceful” and “parenting” aren’t words we usually put together. Think about the parenting moments that stick out to you from the last week – was there anything peaceful about them? What if there could be? What would it change for you if parenting didn’t feel like moving from one fight to another? My guests this week, Dr David and Amanda Erickson of Flourishing Homes and Families, encourage us that it IS possible. Peace and grace can be meaningful parts of your parenting – not only for your kids, but for you. The gospel always brings freedom.
Gentle Christ-Centered Parenting will not only change the dynamic of your house, but it will set your kids up for success in the hardest parts of life – responding with grace when someone hurts them, learning to hold boundaries and communicate their needs in a way that still respects the dignity and honor of the person who hurts them or crosses those boundaries and how to collaboratively problem solve. Ultimately, there is no better place for them to see reliance on the Holy Spirit’s work in life than through us fighting against sin by his power in our own lives. David and Amanda have fostered children and are raising two biological kids. They too have had to work against the patterns of their own childhoods to transform their parenting.
Connect with David and Amanda Erickson:
- Website: https://flourishinghomesandfamilies.com/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/flourishinghomesandfamilies
- Instagram: @flourishinghomesandfamilies
- TikTok: https://www.tiktok.com/@flourishinghomesfamilies
- Instagram Stories on “the rod” verses
- Good and Angry: Exchanging Frustration for Character in You and Your Kids! By Scott Turanksy and Joanne Miller
- Connected Relationships (LIVE Event) :: Jim and Lynne Jackson [Ep222]
- How to Avoid Power Struggles :: Stacy Bellward and Chad Hyenga [Ep 292]
- Grace According to Our Needs :: Beth Moore [Ep 270]
- The Mom Game Changer :: Kat Lee [Ep 41]