We’ll just say it – friendship as an adult is hard. It’s hard to find friends, to keep friends, and to be a good friend amidst all the hustle and bustle of motherhood. And motherhood can be an extremely lonely place. On this episode, Amy Weatherly and Jess Johnston, founders of Sister I am With You, share the good, the bad, and the awkward of making friends as a mom. They guide us through their own story of friendship (and encourage us to get out there and start the work of friendship) with candor and humor. They talk about some pitfalls of making friends and share tips on how to be a good friend.
Their book, I’ll be There, (But I’ll be Wearing Sweatpants), releases January 25, 2022.
Connect with Amy and Jess:
- Website: https://www.sisteriamwithyou.com/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/sisteriamwithyou
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/sisteriamwithyou
- Instagram for Amy: https://www.instagram.com/amyweatherly
- Instagram for Jess: https://www.instagram.com/wonderoakblog
- Ep 321 Healing from Broken Friendships :: Shundria Riddick
- Shifting Perspective on Hard Things :: Summer of Mentorship Week 6
- Ep 338 Helping our Kids Foster Friendships :: David Thomas and Sissy Goff
- Ep 289 Strengthening Our Friendships :: Susan Seay
- Ep 273 Navigating Friendships :: Melanie Shankle
- Ep 159 Healing Friendship Wounds :: Lisa-Jo Baker
- Ep 148 Overcoming Insecurities in Friendship :: Renee Swope
- Prep Dish–Free 2 week trial to try PrepDish. Check out prepdish.com/dma for this amazing deal.
- Outschool–Outschool has helped my kids get excited about learning and they can help yours too. To learn more about what Outschool has to offer and save $15 off your child’s first class go to Outschool.com/dma
- Indeed–Start hiring right now with a $75 job credit to upgrade your job post at Indeed.com/DMA. Offer valid through March 31st