Embracing Your Power in Marriage :: Dr. Juli Slattery [Ep 346]
Many women feel lost in their marriages. They don’t know what to do with their disappointment, when to ask for help, or what it looks like to let go of the need to control. But God has given women incredible power in marriage and Dr. Juli Slattery is here to help us learn how to use it.
Dr. Slattery joins me to discuss key points from her bestselling book Finding the Hero in Your Husband and about how what we believe about our husbands can make all the difference in the intimacy, connection and health of our marriages.
“There are going to be issues in every marriage that have to be addressed, but it’s the relational equity that we build through how we treat our husbands that gives us the power to confront things when they really need to be addressed. And when your husband has come to rely so much on your intimacy and companionship, then the fact that you have a concern really gets his attention because he doesn’t want to lose you.”
We talk about being emotionally safe for our husbands, stopping the cycle of disappointment and nagging in our marriages, and taking another look at intimacy as a sexual journey to go on with our husbands. It’s. So. GOOD.
If you are in need of a boost of hope and excitement to help you re-engage in your marriage, this episode is for you!
Connect with Dr. Juli Slattery:
- Website: authenticintimacy.com
- Facebook: facebook.com/AuthenticIntimacy
- Instagram: @authenticintimacy
- Podcast: Java with Juli
More Recent Episodes on Marriage:
- [Ep 299] Nurturing Your Marriage :: Brent and Janis Sharpe
- [Ep 234] Habits of a Healthy Marriage :: Paul David Tripp
- [Ep 335] Self-Differentiation and Why it Matters :: Nancy Houston
- [Ep 206] Overcoming Barriers to Sexual Intimacy :: Nancy Houston
- Fazl –Socks, Hats and Mitts handmade in the Himalayas by Happy Women. Go to shopfazl.com and use the code DMA to get 15% off your purchase.
- StoryWorth--Give someone you love the thoughtful, personal gift from the heart by preserving memories and stories for years to come. Go to StoryWorth.com/dma and save $10 off your first purchase.