Jenn Kautsch is an empty nester mom and a retired “grey area” drinker. She takes us into her story of feeling tired, stuck on auto-pilot, and ready for a change when it comes to her relationship with alcohol.
Through her own journey of seeking God about her casual drinking habit that was becoming a toxic mental battle, Jenn stopped asking if her drinking was “bad” for her and reframed it.
“So I turned it around and I started asking myself the question, Jenn, is it good enough? Is your drinking good enough for you? Is your relationship with drinking, helping you become the best version of yourself? Is it taking you where you really want to go? Is it matching up to your outsides being like your insights or are you walking around with duplicity in a divided mind and a mental tug of war?”
After choosing to embrace a sober lifestyle, Jenn started SoberSis, a like-minded community of women who are renegotiating their relationship with alcohol without labels, shame, judgment or rules.
We talk about how God brought her freedom from what felt like a divided life — constantly feeling in conflict and stuck in an internal tug-of-war so she could live a more wholehearted life. And how she’s now been able to connect with close to 20,000 women from all over the world through her SoberSis community of women.
Connect with Jenn:
- Get the Happy Hour Survival Guide from Jenn
- Join her 21 Day Reset
- Free Video Series – https://www.sobersis.com/new-videos
- If you had a parent who was an alcoholic check out this episode: Forgiving my Alcoholic Mother :: Sarah Mae [Ep 257]
- If you need help setting boundaries this holiday season: Setting Healthy Boundaries :: Dr. John Townsend [Ep 250]
- BetterHelp –Visit BetterHelp.com/DMA and join over 2M people who have taken charge of their mental health with the help of an experienced professional. Get 10% off your first month.
- Rothys– To help you welcome fall season in style Rothy’s is doing something special. Get $20 off your first purchase at rothys.com/DMA. Find your new favorites today.