How we feel in our bodies affects so many facets of parenting– and in some ways you might now expect. My guest Mary Van Geffen joins me to talk about 4 Ps that can help us practice body awareness as we work on parenting our kids (even the spicy ones) with empathy and connection.
When in doubt I say choose connection rather than control. We’re not going to have a lot of control and we don’t have the time or the energy to follow through on things. So let’s make sure we’re connected because connection is the honey and it will help us to have more control.
We go in depth on how paying attention to your Presence, Posture, Proximity and Phase of your Cycle can change how you parent and bring awareness of how to honor your body and rest when you need it.
Connect with Mary:
- Website: maryvangeffen.com
- Instagram: @maryvangeffen
- YouTube: youtube.com/maryvangeffen
- Embodied Motherhood Worksheet with 4 Ps
- Coaching with Mary use code: PODCAST for $5 off
- Dr. Carolyn Leaf, neuroscientist
- Parenting Siblings School — Join Mary’s Parenting Siblings School to treat jealousy, constant bickering, mean words, and tattling with confidence.
- How To Stay Calm When Your Child is Acting Crazy PDF
- Love Every — Take the guesswork out of your child’s play. Choose Lovevery TODAY and get free shipping when you sign up to receive your Play Kits at Lovevery.com/DMA
- BetterHelp —Visit betterhelp.com/DMA and join the over 1,000,000 people who have taken charge of their mental health with the help of an experienced professional. Special offer for Don’t Mom Alone listeners: get 10% off your first month at betterhelp.com/DMA.
Hi there! The PDF link for the “how to stay calm” is broken. Do you have another link?
Great episode! My husband and I were just discussing how I can have more self control when parenting last night, so this was perfect!
Hey Alyssa! I’m so glad you enjoyed the episode! I think I fixed the problem. Here’s the link directly hope it works for you: https://dontmomalone.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/08/EmbodyLEAVEBEHIND-.pdf
I agree with Alyssa: the link is broken. It’s not the “Embodied Motherhood” one but the “How to Stay Calm” one. Could you post that one please? Thanks! I appreciated the episode.