Mentoring Mom Insecurities :: Summer of Mentorship Week 2
This special episode was recorded at our first “Live” event held in 2017. Guests, Kat Lee & Wynter Pitts share about mentorship, friendship and dealing with fear and insecurity in motherhood.
What we chat about:
- Kat Lee and Wynter Pitts’ motherhood stories
- Dealing with insecurities in motherhood
- The importance of having mentors and deep friends in the motherhood journey
- Mentors don’t have to be older than you or available weekly. Find a way to make mentorship work for you.
- Think of areas you are struggling with and look for someone who excels in that area to mentor you, no matter their age
- Start or join a DMA podcast club as a way to connect with other women
- You can be a mentor too! Look for younger moms who need encouragement.
- We are never alone because God is with us, but it’s hard to remember that when life gets crazy. Kat and Wynter share what helps them remember God in the midst of life.
- “Should is not a sustainable why.” Don’t just do things you SHOULD do if you don’t have a good reason for WHY.
- Helping your kids develop healthy friendships and community
- Not trying to over control your children’s lives and praying through how involved you should be in their friendships
- Hope for dealing with fears and grief
- Giving yourself permission to be honest with God when you aren’t coping well and realizing that he is good despite your circumstances
- Do you have someone who mentors you in motherhood? Is there something specific you’d like mentoring in that you could seek out in another mom?
- How can you provide mentorship to another mom to help her not feel alone?
- Do you have anything weighing on you right now that is a “should” without a sustainable why? Talk about something you want to let go of and make a plan to do it.
- What are some things you are praying for your kids right now? What struggles do they have that you can turn into prayers?
Connect with Kat and HelloMornings:
Connect with For Girls Like You:
- Start a DMA Podcast Club
- Paul David Tripp’s devotional, New Morning Mercies: A Daily Gospel Devotional **
- Barefoot Dreams Bamboo Lite Wrap** (aka “The Blardigan”)
- She Is Yours: Trusting God As You Raise the Girl He Gave You ** by Wynter Pitts
- Lovevery — Take the guesswork out of your child’s play. Choose Lovevery TODAY and get free shipping when you sign up to receive your Play Kits at Lovevery.com/DMA
- Function of Beauty — Go to FunctionofBeauty.com/DMA to take your quiz and save 20% on your first order. That applies to their full range of customized hair, skin, and body products.