Walking Thru Divorce :: Lara Williams [Ep 324]
The daily grind of marriage, parenting, and life wears on us all, but when your relationship with your spouse is no longer a healthy one, how do you choose to walk away? My guest and long-time friend Lara Williams brings us into her story of working through marriage infidelity with her husband and her long, painful journey to divorce.
And it was a process, but I think I finally got to that place where I could accept that divorce was happening in my life, but that’s just it. It’s happening. It doesn’t mean that’s who I am. And it doesn’t just because God hates it. It doesn’t mean he hates me. He loves me and I went through a process of washing those lies with the truth of what God says and he’s so gracious to transform our minds.
We talk about all the ways Lara and her husband worked to save their marriage, what it was like when saving it was no longer an option and how God met Lara in that place. Lara shares about parenting when you are walking through divorce, dating after divorce, and how the church can both help and hurt during this painful experience.
I’m so thankful for Lara’s heart and how bravely she shares her story. She has graciously given permission to publish her email address if you or someone you know would like to reach out on this topic.
Connect with Lara:
- Website: tooverflowing.com
- Instagram: @laragwilliams
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Amazon Author Page
- BOOK: To Walk Or Stay
- [Ep 246] Rebuilding from an Abusive Marriage :: Jeni B
- [Ep 195] Sinners Married to Sinners–How God Refines Us :: Cheryl Scruggs and Jae Carpenter
- BOOK: How to Avoid Falling in Love with a Jerk
- Lara’s New Project: Think True Things
- Lara’s Spoken Word—“That’s Not My Name”