Worth Repeating // Christy Nockels (Christmas Ed)
This episode originally aired in Nov 2016
Today’s guest is Christy Nockels, Dove award winning musician and mom to three children. In 2006 she made the God-led choice to step away from the music industry, for a time, to pour into her family.
In 2016 she released the solo Christmas album, “The Thrill of Hope”. With a blend of classic Christmas carols and original pieces, she has crafted a beautiful addition to our Christmas music collections.
In this episode you’ll hear the inspiration behind the songs, “Amaryllis” and “Wrap This One Up”. . .both stories gave me goosebumps. I won’t think of the Bethlehem shepherds the same way again. And the winter blooming amaryllis reminds us the hope Jesus brought . .
Our King has come, He’s with us now & He’s making all things new again. That’s the thrill of hope.
What we chat about:
- How motherhood takes you from peaceful quiet times to sock-and-underwear prayers
- The secret of simple scripture and open dialogue with God
- Christy’s new album “The Thrill of Hope”- her first Christmas album!
- The message of the amaryllis for those with heavy hearts in the Christmas season
- How “wrapped in swaddling clothes” may have meant much more to the shepherds
- Christy’s song on the new album that makes her listeners “ugly cry”
- Psalm 37:4-7 “Take delight in the Lord, and he will give you the desires of your heart.”
- The Glorious in the Mundane podcast
- “The Thrill of Hope” available on Christy’s site or Amazon**
- Ellie Holcomb
- PDF of “Amaryllis” lyrics I made. . .
You are invited to become a DMA Insider! Join us over here and get bonus content. Including live Mentor Moment Q&As. In 2021 Bruce and I will lead Insiders through a StrengthsFinder Series. Learn the 101s of StrengthsFinder. And how knowing your Strengths impacts your marriage, parenting and career.