Between the pandemic and uncertainty of this last year and all the pressure of the upcoming holiday season, there is a lot of potential for conflict. My friend and mentor Lynn Hoffman is here with some timely advice on how to engage in this inevitable conflict in a healthy way.
We talk about doing some inner work when you feel hurt by someone or see conflict on the horizon and Lynn shares some stories of how examining her own heart and feelings have made all the difference in her own relationships.
“It’s about recognizing that I’m a limited human being and I have a limited amount of emotional capacity. It is not infinite. So it’s my responsibility. Not somebody else’s to pull back and spend some time with the Lord.To do some inner work to really figure out, okay, what’s going on with me and what do I need at this moment?”
Whether you find yourself in new, hard places of stress and conflict or fear the constant repeating of old woundings when interacting with family, this episode is for you.
Questions to ask yourself in conflict:
- What happened?
- What do I think about this situation and person?
- What did I want (expect)?
- How do I feel (now and any related past feelings)
- EP 129: Recovery For Life :: Lynn Hoffman
- Lynn’s Book: Steps Into God’s Grace: Spiritual Formation through God’s Word and the 12 Steps of Recovery
- EP 250: Setting Healthy Boundaries with Family :: Dr. John Townsend
- Hello Bello — Get 25% off your diaper bundle order. Plus get 15% off any add-ons. Go to hellobello.com/DMA
- Skylight Frames— Get $10 off your purchase of a Skylight Frame. Go to: Skylight.com and enter the code DMA
- Ancestry — Get an Ancestry gift today with their special Holiday pricing. Ancestry.com/DMA