As a mom of three small children, author and podcaster Tsh Oxenreider found Christmas a bit overwhelming and as Charlie Brown would say, “too commercial.” Year after year she found herself dreading the season and looking for simple ways to refocus the holiday on the things that mattered most.
After living overseas for a year with her family and switching to a more liturgical church, Tsh found the centuries old observance of Advent to be the perfect way to slow down the crazy season of Christmas. She joins me to introduce Advent if you are new to it and to talk about the beautiful new Advent guide she created.
This is for us, this is to reset our hearts and our focus to that which is the true reason we celebrate Christmas. So the thing I love about celebrating Advent in our culture is that it feels pretty counter-cultural in a world that both is focused on the gifts and is focused on the consumption parts of Christmas.
If you’ve ever wanted to know more about the liturgical practice of Advent, this is the show for you! Tsh shares a lot of practicals and perspectives about why celebrating this separate season can help us prepare for both the celebration of Jesus’ birth and the eventual time when Christ will, one day, make all things new.
Connect with Tsh:
- Website: https://tshoxenreider.com
- Instagram: @tshoxenreider
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/tsh
- BOOK: Shadow and Light: A Journey into Advent
- Biblical Feasts with Amber Lee [PODCAST]
- Advent resources from Tsh
- Other books from Tsh
- BetterHelp — Get 10% off your first month of online professional counseling betterhelp.com/DMA
- Acorn TV — Try FREE for 30 days using code: DMA https://acorn.tv/