It was such an honor for me to chat with one of my favorite authors for this episode. Max Lucado has written almost 100 books and is a pastor at Oak Hills Church in San Antonio. We talk about his new book You Are Never Alone and he shares with so much kindness and care about how we can trust in the miracle of God’s presence — yep, even in 2020.
Max knows God’s word and he combines meeting you where you with the truth of who God is in a powerful way as we talk about responding to loneliness as moms.
I’m not saying it’s going to be easy, but what if God does have a miracle? And what if God in his sovereignty can use this isolation or use this unusual circumstance to draw you closer to him and show you who he is? So rather than resist this, be open to the idea and say, Okay, Lord, I still believe you’re there.
If you are feeling weary with all this year has brought your way, this episode is the pep talk you need to reframe your perspective on God’s goodness and not give in to our emotions or feelings of hopelessness.
The message of the miracles is you’re really not by yourself. You’re not alone. Your heavenly father loves you and the Lord Jesus will come to you. And the Holy Spirit will empower you. Don’t give in to despair now. You may feel nothing but exhaustion, but your feelings are not a barometer of the presence of God.
Connect with Max:
- You Are Special (our family favorite!)**
- The Oak Inside the Acorn**
- Max’s New Book: You Are Never Alone**
**Amazon affiliate links
- Will You Be My Friend — new book by Sam McBratney (author of “Guess How Much I Love You”) Available where books are sold**.
- Care/of — Go to TakeCareOf.com take your 5 minute quiz. Enter code dma50 to get 50% off your first order.
- Sunbasket –Go to Sunbasket.com/DMA and enter code DMA to get $35 off your first order.