Grace and Truth for Moms :: Lynne Jackson [Ep 296]
As a mom of three, Lynne Jackson struggled to maintain the order and perfection she expected to have in her life. Conflicts with her oldest son especially left her feeling defeated, angry and fearful of the future.
The Lord was speaking to me one day about some of these beliefs that I had. And in Ephesians 4:15, it talks about speaking the truth in love. And I felt like I heard his voice say, you are not speaking the truth in love to yourself, about you and your kids. And then I went on a journey to figure out what was really true.
Lynne shares how she learned to fight back against the toxic lies she believed about herself and her kids with God’s truth. We talk about practical ways we can take time to process our feelings with God and with others so we can let go of expectations that hurt our families and can find freedom in our identity in Christ.
The goal to have perfect kids and be a perfect mom is just a setup for anger and despair. And it’s actually idolatry. The real truth that helps us let go of that chronic anger is it’s my job to parent wisely. My kid’s job is to learn over time, to respond wisely. And that’s a process.
Connect with Lynne:
- Website: https://connectedfamilies.org
- Facebook: facebook.com/ConnectedFamilies
- Instagram: @connectedfams
- You are a daughter of the King speech in PDF form
- Truth, Trash, Treasure blog post
- Grace and Truth for Moms Online Course
- Discipline that Connects Fall 2020 Course — use code “DMA” to save 15% off registration
- Journal page from the mom Lynne mentioned:
More Episodes with the Jacksons:
- Ep 200 The Entitlement Fix :: Jim and Lynne Jackson
- Bonus Mentor Episode–Resolving Sibling Conflict :: Jim and Lynne Jackson
- Ep 221 Discipline 101 :: Jim and Lynne Jackson
- Ep 222 Connected Relationships :: Jim and Lynne Jackson
- Ep 258 Helping Your Child with Sensory Processing Issues :: Lynne Jackson
Sunbasket –get $35 off your first order at sunbasket.com/dma
Acorn TV — try it free for 30 days acorn.tv with code: dma
BetterHelp –get 10% off your first month betterhelp.com/dma