Kendra Adachi also known as the Lazy Genius calls herself a professional permission giver. And she’s here to give us permission to be a genius about the things that matter and lazy about the things that don’t.
“I’ve come to this place of realizing we do not need another life hack. MacGyvering together a list of hacks and inspirational quotes isn’t going to get you a life that is wholehearted and anchored in what matters to you. That’s why you’re tired because that doesn’t work.”
That sounds great, but the hard part is choosing what matters to YOU. We talk about how Kendra learned to let go of the expectations of doing everything well as a mom and how her Lazy Genius principles can help others get the same freedom.
She helps me “lazy genius” my life when it comes to the constant interruptions of parenting and virtual schooling as a work-at-home mom with some solutions that are both practical and soulful. I hope this conversation is helpful to many of you as we head into a fall season full of unknowns.
My key takeaways:
- Make house rules that serve you and your sanity
- Breath prayer when you feel scattered or like everything needs your attention: Lord, open my eyes to what matters right now.
Connect with Kendra:
- Website: thelazygeniuscollective.com
- Facebook: facebook.com/thelazygeniuscollective
- Instagram: @thelazygenius
1. Thrive Market — go to thrivemarket.com/DMA start a risk-free membership and a get a FREE $22 gift of your choosing.
2. BetterHelp — sign up with a licensed professional counselor online. 10% off your first month. betterhelp.com/DMA
3. Ancestry Health — discover if you have genetic health risks by checking out ancestry.com/DMA