Week Six Summer of Mentorship 2020 :: Stacey Thacker
When I recorded this interview in 2015 I had no idea just two years later my father would pass away. Stacey’s wisdom on grief became my lifeline.
This year with so many losses our hearts have experienced constant, low-level grief. On top of being quarantined, some of you may have lost loved ones. As moms, you’ve been unable to have time/space to grieve (or have a formal memorial service).
Today’s podcast guest is my soul sister friend, Stacey Thacker. She and I have been chatting about life, Jesus and family for the many years. Stacey writes online and has authored several books (a new one releasing in just a few months–Threadbare Prayer). When we conducting this interview Stacey shared so much of what she had learned from the loss of her father.
Since the interview she’s experienced additional trauma and grief. Through it all she remains tethered to her faithful God. She is wise and can be trusted.
My hope is whether you are the one who has experienced loss or not, you will be encouraged that even when our worst fears are realized, God’s grace is ever present. And as Stacey points out:
“He holds all things together. And all things means all things.”
What we chat about:
- How the message of Stacey’s book, “Hope for the Weary Mom” became real
- How do moms grieve while handling the dailiness of motherhood
- What actions and words of friends comforted her the most
- How children grieve differently
- How to be available and present with a grieving friend
- What moments over the course of the year bring back grief
- How do you manage your home when one child has to be hospitalized
- How God holds all things together
Connect with Stacey:
- Releasing Oct 2020: Threadbare Prayer
- Hope for the Weary Mom
- Stacey’s posts on grief: My Journey Through Grief and Loss
- Nobody’s Cuter than You: A Memoir about the Beauty of Friendship**by Melanie Shankle
- Holding On to Hope: A Pathway through Suffering to the Heart of God**by Nancy Guthrie
- I Wasn’t Ready to Say Goodbye: Surviving, Coping and Healing After the Sudden Death of a Loved One ** by Pamela Blair & Brook Noel
- Psalms 23 & Hosea 2
- “He holds all things together.” Colossians 1:17
**Amazon affiliate links
Featured Sponsor: PrepDish get two weeks of FREE meal plans if you go to http://prepdish.com/dma