Faith in the Unexpected :: Christine Caine [Re-Run]
In light of an unexpected time in history, our team thought we all need to be reminded of the Truth of who God is and to have our faith emboldened. This episode stood out as the perfect one to re-release. This conversation originally aired Spring of 2018.
Powerhouse Christine Caine shares how she let go of fear and found faith for when the unexpected happened. Lots of truth and encouragement here for anyone who has encountered fear in parenting, a medical diagnosis and rejection in friendships… so all of us!
Jesus never said we’re not going to have trials. He said, ‘When trials come’, not if, but when. I think sometimes as believers we forget that, but we have a grace within it. I think part of our testimony to a lost and broken world is the way we go through it.
What we chat about:
- Christine Caine’s new book, Unexpected
- Emboldening our faith and letting go of fear in motherhood
- Trusting that God will fill in the gaps of what we’re able to do as parents
- Basic spiritual practices can be some of the most powerful things in our lives
- Facing painful actualities in a fallen world
- Christine’s reaction to her cancer diagnosis
- Jesus is the name above all other names, including cancer
- Having a “faith cocoon” of friends to encourage you in the face of fear
- Enduring suffering as Christians
- Giving in to the pain and fear and suffering is not the answer
- We serve a God who is bigger!
- Godly motherhood in this generation is harder than it’s ever been
- Leaning in with a spirit of faith and not pulling back with a spirit of fear
- We’re called to train our children up and not restrain their giftings
- Dealing with rejection in friendship and moving forward
Connect with Chris:
- A21 Ministry
- Paul the Apostle Movie
- Unexpected: Leave Behind Fear, Move Forward in Faith, Embrace the Adventure**
- Focused15 “Everyday Faith” by Katie Orr**
**Amazon affiliate link