As difficult as pregnancy and birth tend to be, the postpartum period can be the hardest of all. After all the anticipation you finally have your baby! But many women don’t feel like themselves. They feel sad or hopeless and struggle to connect with their babies.
My guest Brittany J. Turner takes us into her story of postpartum depression and what it took for her to start a journey towards wholeness.
For me it was years of pain that I had never dealt with. They were feeding this lie that I was alone, that I was unworthy of being loved, not just in my marital and parenting relationships, but I was unworthy of being loved as a daughter, as a friend and that I deserve to be alone. And so therapy was my escape.
While postpartum depression can’t totally be prevented or even predicted, we also talk about what went differently after she had her next child and the big part friendships and deeper community played.
Connect with the Brittany:
- Instagram: @iambrittanyjturner
- Facebook: facebook.com/fromhimforhome
- Website: http://brittanyjturner.com
- Sister Circle Retreat with Chrystal Evans Hurst
- Playlists and encouragement–Brittany’s Battle Ready Toolkit
- Other episodes on postpartum depression — Karen Harmon (Ep 231) https://heathermacfadyen.com/2019/01/21/praising-through-the-pain-of-physical-limitations-karen-harmon-ep-231/
- Easter Basket Post : https://heathermacfadyen.com/2012/04/02/making-easter-personal-for-preschoolers/
Featured Sponsor: Seek and Find Bible
Published in partnership with Concordia Publishing House, the ESV Seek and Find Bible is a full-color children’s Bible that combines the complete ESV Bible text with 130 vibrant illustrations of major Bible stories. Each story includes a Key Bible Verse to memorize, Additional Readings for further insight, and simple Reflection Questions to help Children begin to apply God’s word to their lives. The ESV Seek and Find Bible is a perfect first “real” Bible for pre-readers and young children ages 5 to 9, to grow up with and foster a love for God’s word.
Use the coupon code mentioned in the middle of the show to save 40% off a child’s ESV Bible.
Great beat ! I wish to apprentice at the same time as you
amend your site, how can i subscribe for a blog web site?
The account aided me a appropriate deal. I had been tiny
bit familiar of this your broadcast provided vibrant clear concept