You Deserve a Mentor :: Susie Davis [Ep 262]
Susie Davis is a mentor of mentors. She’s the author of several books and host of the Dear Daughters podcast. I’m so excited to share our conversation with you as she answers your questions about mentorship, marriage and meeting with God.
I think you deserve a mentor. I think it’s God’s will for your life to have an older woman that you can talk to who has wisdom for you and your specific situation.
In her book and podcast, Dear Daughters, Susie seeks to bring together younger women and spiritual moms. Each of us has valuable insight for one other, but getting started with mentoring can be a hurdle. Whether you have a mentor, are a mentor or want to start, Susie shares encouragement and insight into establishing and maintaining a healthy mentor relationship. (including what not to say!)
We also talk about marriage and how to love your man without losing your mind about the little things that can drive us crazy.
I think marriage is the greatest opportunity for sanctification, which is just becoming more like God. It is the one relationship that is never supposed to end. You’re ‘trapped’ in it and you have to work it out with them.
Talking with Susie is such a gift. She shares a wealth of wisdom from the perspective of someone who has experienced a lot of growth in her own life and marriage over the years. Grab a cup of coffee and listen in as Susie mentors us all!
What we chat about:
- How to find a mentor and why we need them.
- Mentors are not perfect people. They are people who are just a bit ahead of you who can encourage you not to make the same mistakes they did.
- What to say (and what not to say) to a potential mentor.
- The difference between an evangelist, discipler and mentor.
- Establishing a rhythm of mentorship and talking through expectations with your mentor.
- It’s normal to be irritated by the differences in a marriage.
- Marriage is the greatest opportunity for sanctification.
- Working through parenting and discipline differences in marriage
- Get together with a counselor. An outside person can really help your marriage.
- Finding joy in day-to-day life and in the everyday tasks before us.
- What to do when you are struggling to hear God
Connect with Susie:
- Website: https://susiedavis.org
- Podcast: Dear Daughters
- Facebook: facebook.com/davis.susie
- Instagram: @susiedavis
- Dear Daughters: Love Letters to the Next Generation ** [BOOK]
- Loving Your Man Without Losing Your Mind ** [BOOK]
- Uncovered: Revealing the Secrets of a Sexy Marriage ** [BOOK]
**Amazon affiliate link.
Featured Sponsor: Phonics Museum
When your child enters the Phonics Museum, a learning adventure full of games, stories, and art awaits! With a clever mix of lessons, activities, games, and sing-along songs, young learners won’t get bored at Phonics Museum. Taking a “tools of learning” approach, the app helps establish a strong foundation of reading for children through a complete commitment to a phonics approach. Join Wendy, William, Percival and Miss Biddle, the museum curator on a reading adventure as they explore the Phonics Museum, sing songs, and play games with the living artwork in the museum. It’s an experience you’ll never forget!
You can try the Phonics Museum today for free by signing up for the 2 Week Free Trial. Just download the app in the iOS App store (currently not available in Android)
Featured Sponsor: Kids Faith Krate
Kids Faith Krate is a monthly craft subscription box to help cultivate your child’s faith! Every month your family will receive a new box (or Krate as they call them) filled with weekly family Bible lessons and coordinating crafts. Kids Faith Krate provides convenience, fun, and gives direction in family discipleship. Their Krates target ages 4-10, and there’s an option to include craft supplies for up to 3 children. Go to www.kidsfaithkrate.com (“krate” is spelled with a K) and use the code mentioned in the middle of the podcast to get $10 off any subscription!