Beating 50 Percent :: Audrey Roloff [Ep 241]
Though millions tuned in to TLC’s hit show ‘Little People, Big World’ to watch their wedding, the entirety of Jeremy and Audrey Roloff’s love story is significantly less known. Audrey joins me to talk about her marriage, motherhood, and how she and her husband are on a mission to help married couples thrive.
The Roloffs have founded a ministry called Beating 50 Percent which is focused on reviving covenant marriages. They share resources and ideas for couples to inspire them to make their marriages more than average.
One thing that has been our lifeline since before becoming parents is our marriage journal. It’s essentially our communication tool in our marriage. When life is crazy, we know that every Sunday night we’re going to have our time to do our marriage journal. We call it our navigator’s council time. But it’s basically just a time for Jeremy and I to connect and communicate about things that have come up in the week that maybe there wasn’t never that good time to talk about it.
We chat about how she’s balancing marriage and motherhood since the birth of her daughter, why it’s important to share interests and activities with your spouse and how to balance strong personalities in marriage.
It’s important to take humble perspective and ask God, what do our roles in this marriage look like and is this something that you are pleased with and how can we be a better reflection of the gospel through our marriage? I feel like God has really been impressing on my heart since the beginning of the year to let Jeremy be my forerunner and to view that as a helpful, beautiful thing that helps me and allows me to run the race better.
What we chat about:
- Audrey’s background and how she met her husband Jeremy Roloff
- Jeremy and his family are featured in the reality TV show, Little People, Big World
- What it was like for her to have her wedding televised for the show
- Her life verse from Ephesians 3:20 and mantra “Always More”
- Beating 50 Percent the marriage ministry she and her husband have
- Their focus is inspiring couples to invest more than 50 percent effort into their marriage
- How she’s balancing marriage and motherhood since the birth of her infant daughter
- Their Sunday marriage journaling time and how they’ve turned it into a book, The Marriage Journal
- The principle of sharing interests and activities with your spouse and how that can knit you closer together
- Submitting in marriage when you have a strong personality or leadership gifting
- What Audrey loves about being a mom
Connect with Audrey:
- Website: https://www.aujpoj.com/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/audreyroloff/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/audreymirabella
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/aujpoj/
- Podcast: https://theroloffs.simplecast.fm/
- Marriage Ministry: https://www.instagram.com/beating50percent/
- BOOK: A Love Letter Life by Jeremy and Audrey Roloff **
- Always More Sherpa
- The Marriage Journal (Navigator’s Council)
- BOOK: The Tech-Wise Family by Andy Crouch**
- BOOK: A Severe Mercy by Sheldon Vanauken **
**Amazon affiliate link. A portion of your purchase supports the production of this podcast without any additional cost to you.
More than ever, we’re all looking for businesses and products that align with our values and work toward making the world a better place. Vickery Trading Company does just that. A social business, Vickery Trading Company equips refugee women for long-term success through vocational training, personal development and fair wages.
In the heart of Dallas, Vickery Trading Company’s associates create high-quality, ethnically made clothing and accessories, primarily for women and children, but with a couple items for the guys, too. Visit Vickery Trading.org and look at their girls’ clothing and women’s accessory options AND use the code MOM10 for 10 percent off now through April 21.