Family Transformation Starts with Personal Revival :: KJ Perdomo [Ep 227]
KJ Perdomo isn’t a mom (yet). But as a daughter, she has experienced a what seems like a lifetime’s worth of pain and rejection. She shares her story of loss and brokenness and about the bullying she experienced growing up. But it doesn’t stop there.
God pursued her through an aunt who adopted her and a timely invitation to church when she was contemplating suicide, then again through a community of believers in college who radically loved her and helped her hear God. Through her own story of redemption, KJ found a passion for connecting others to revival and for discipling people to hear God’s voice instead of the world’s.
It is not worth my time to dwell on and think about a thought that was not from the Lord. There’s a verse that says we need to take our thoughts captive. The original context literally means to capture and interrogate our thoughts… It’s not worth your time to believe anything less than what heaven is speaking about you.
KJ’s story will fire you up to see revival in your own family and communities as we seek to follow Jesus’ example.
We have to be people who radically live for the Lord. And it seems funny, but what we think is radical, Jesus really called normal. Since he shared himself with everyone, that should be our normal, right? Because Jesus only did what he saw the Father do. So we should do what we see Jesus do.
What we chat about:
- KJ’s story of family brokenness, adoption and growing up learning about Jesus
- Her struggle with self worth during her school years and the effects of bullying in her life
- Hearing God for yourself and helping your children learn to hear God is so important
- KJ’s experience growing closer to God in college
- How community pressing into God on KJ’s behalf made a powerful impact on her
- Learning to hear the voice of God
- Taking every thought captive and how to interrogate your thoughts to see if they are from God
- It’s not worth your time to believe anything less than what heaven is speaking about you
- Opting into community with other believers and how it can be messy, but worth it
- Seeking revival for our communities and for us personally
- Revival starts with reconciliation
- Believing the truth of who God says you are and that he can heal your deep heart wounds
- To see revival in the world and in our families we have to be willing to be the hands and feet of Jesus
- Living radically for Jesus and sharing our faith
- The nuts and bolts of modern-day discipleship
- Asking the right questions to point people back to Jesus
Connect with KJ:
- William Lane Craig
- The Lost Art of Disciple Making**
- A Guide for Listening and Inner-Healing Prayer by Rusty Rustenbach**
- Group Heather mentioned, the “Spiritual Authority Cohort” by CRM Leaders
- Freedom Tools by Andy Reese**
- Can You Hear Me: Tuning Into the God Who Speaks by Brad Jersak**
**Amazon affiliate link. A small portion of your purchase will help produce this podcast.
Featured Sponsor: Prep Dish
Prep Dish meal plans were created by chef & dietician Allison Schaaf to help save you time and put home-cooked meals on the table. No meal time stress. No more answering the dreaded question, “What’s for Dinner?!”. Developed by chef & dietician Allison Schaaf, Prep Dish is a healthy, whole food based meal plan subscription service. Allison does all the planning for you- including easy-to-follow shopping lists and prep-ahead instructions so you know what to prepare and when.
Imagine…all of your meals prepped and ready to go for the entire week. We like to call this meal time bliss!Get 2 weeks of meal plans FREE! Go to Prepdish.com/dma and use coupon code: DMA
If you or your spouse have experienced anxiety or depression in the past, or even today, there is encouragement for you in this episode! Tommy also shares about a 4-hour teaching he has available for streaming right now online.
Click Here to buy live stream access to the conference, The Journey Through Depression and Anxiety. If you have never heard of The Hub before, it’s your best source for Bible Studies, Online Resources, and Live Christian events. You can tune in to some of the most anticipated live events of the year from the comfort of your own home or church. You can learn more at gotothehub.com under the “Live Events” tab. Check it out!”
2018 DMA Christmas Gift Guide
Maybe, like me, you need a little help with ideas for intentional gifts. If so, I’ve created a lil guide with items for you, your friends, your hubby, your son, your daughter (thanks to my SIL & nieces), and your mentor. It includes several resources grow spiritually. Each gift’s title is a link. And a few of them are affiliate links which, at no additional cost to you, helps support the podcast with your purchases. Thanks y’all for being faithful listeners! Merry Christmas!!