How to be Calm and Kind Under Pressure :: Candace Cameron Bure [Ep 223]
Candace Cameron Bure is an actress, producer, New York Times bestselling author, beloved by millions worldwide from her role as D.J. Tanner on the iconic family sitcoms Full House and Fuller House and of course Hallmark Channel movies. (Christmas is coming and she has a new one coming out Nov. 25)
But, she’s also a mom of three children ages 16 to 20 and an outspoken Christian in the entertainment industry. She shares what it was like to grow up working in entertainment and the values her parents passed on to her. And about how she walks out her faith now as a busy working actress, a career she returned to after choosing to be a stay-at-home mom for 10 years.
Now sometimes I literally have to roll out of my bed and onto my knees every morning and start my day. I don’t feel connected if I don’t do that. But throughout my day I’m constantly having conversations with God. It might just be under my breath asking Jesus to help me because I want to snap at that person right now or I’m going to lose it with my son who just talked back to me. It’s a constant dialogue and I trust that he hears me.
We talk about her new children’s book “Candace Center Stage” and how it focuses on the values of hard work and courage, especially for our strong-willed children.
It’s very reflective of my own life growing up and the lessons that I’ve really tried to instill in my own children. Like don’t be afraid to fail just because you’ll never know what you’re capable of unless you try. And don’t be afraid to work hard at it. If you quit too early you may not realize how good you can be and if you’re not, that’s OK. You can pick something else, but you’ve got to try.
As she takes us into her world, she talks through how she stays calm and kind under pressure and lives for Jesus as she juggles the roles and the callings God has put on her life.
I want to be that influencer for positivity and kindness and showing my love for Jesus. And I would love for people to know Jesus because of me because I’ve shared a good word.
What we chat about:
- Candace’s strong foundation from her own parents
- Fostering a good work ethic in your kids without pressuring to perform for your love and approval
- Candace’s family and what her older children are up to
- How she and her husband share the responsibilities of raising their children
- Maintaining balance with changing priorities and calls on your time
- Learning to say “No” without feeling bad about it
- It’s really more about juggling priorities and trusting that God partners with us as we make decisions
- Candace’s walk with the Lord and how she lives out her faith in San Francisco
- Praying throughout the day and how Candace talks with God through all she does
- How to work with people who have anti-Christian sentiments and responding with kindness
- What it was like growing up in the entertainment industry
- Her new children’s book Candace Center Stage and the background on why she wrote it
- Preparing for the teenage years now and looking forward to them
Connect with Candace:
**Amazon affiliate link. A small portion of your purchase will help produce this podcast.
As a member you get:
- Once a month, special access to group chat with Heather via live video
- Curated content on each month’s topic (in November–‘Not Alone in Shame)
- past podcast episodes
- articles written by Heather
- book list
- Downloadable #CenteringTruth printable
- Community groups to chat with other moms looking for encouragement
- single moms
- moms of children with special needs
- a group to post the funny moments from our days
Do you feel trapped under the weight of your own sin? Are you dismayed or surprised by the situations that bring out your fear, anger, or distress? In this year’s Vertical Women Conference, trusted Bible teacher and counselor Elyse Fitzpatrick delves into the heart of the problem: deep down, we’re all putting our loves, desires, and expectations in God’s place — and we continue to suffer the consequences of our misplaced affections.
Join Elyse Fitzpatrick at Harvest Bible Chapel Spring Lake as she shows us how to better search and know our hearts, accept the help of our gracious Savior, and resist and crush the things that are trying to crush us.
Streaming Licenses are available for individuals, home groups, and churches. With a Streaming License, you’ll also receive a downloadable discussion guide to help apply the truths of this event to your life today! Take advantage of the extended summer replay until December 31, 2018.