Become Fully Alive–Mind, Body, & Spirit :: Susie Larson [Ep 218]
It’s all too easy slip into believing lies over God’s truth. My guest today shares that healing is possible and opens up about her personal healing journey from both physical and emotional abuse and chronic illness.
An author, radio host, and national speaker, Susie Larson, talks about how intertwined our emotional, spiritual, and physical health are. We talk through stories that are in her new book, “Fully Alive”, and she shares about some powerful experiences she’s had with the Lord.
“The Lord whispered through the chaos in my bathroom. The storms reveal the lies we believe and the truth we need. The enemy’s railing and saying I’m going to get you. I’ve got you by the throat and I felt like my throat was starting I could swallow and my esophagus was spasming. It’s just horrifying to hear the whisper again. Storms reveal the lies we believe and the truth who need.”
There’s so much hope and truth in this episode for all of us who are believing for healing this side of heaven. For more inspiration from Susie, I highly recommend her book, “Fully Alive”**, which is available for pre-order right now.
What we chat about:
- Susie’s experiences with abuse both physical and emotional
- How our bodies hold onto trauma and hindrances to the healing process
- Storms reveal the lies we believe and the truth we need
- The idea of blessing guilt and surrendering to God for healing
- The lie of learned helplessness and the truth that we’re not helpless with Jesus
- Rejecting the lies of the enemy and addressing unbeliefs in our soul
- Confronting the scar tissue of our past and the life that’s on the other side of it
- God absolutely heals and it isn’t specifically a lack of faith that keeps us from receiving healing
- Jesus entered in to other’s pain and suffering, that’s our calling too
- The dangers of over medication and distraction that can keep us from being healed
- The integral role of rest in the healing process
**Amazon affiliate link to help support the production of this podcast.
Transcription: Download by Clicking Here
Featured Sponsors: Songfinch
Songfinch is a personalized gifting platform that brings your stories, feelings and memories to life through one-of-a-kind songs from scratch. Using your unique stories along with your desired genre, vocalist gender and song moods, they curate the perfect professional songwriter to handcraft the most personal gift you can give. It’s the perfect, unique gift for weddings, anniversaries, birthdays, Christmas, Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, Valentine’s Day, Newborns and many more of life’s special occasions.
Special coupon code: GODCENTEREDMOM get $20 off your personalized song
Featured Sponsors: PrepDish
Prep Dish meal plans were created by chef & dietician Allison Schaaf to help save you time and put home-cooked meals on the table. No meal time stress. No more answering the dreaded question, “What’s for Dinner?!”. Developed by chef & dietician Allison Schaaf, Prep Dish is a healthy, whole food based meal plan subscription service. Allison does all the planning for you- including easy-to-follow shopping lists and prep-ahead instructions so you know what to prepare and when.
Imagine…all of your meals prepped and ready to go for the entire week. We like to call this meal time bliss!
Get 2 weeks of meal plans FREE! Go to Prepdish.com/gcm and use coupon code: GCM
How to listen to the podcast:
1.Listen on the blog. Click through to GodCenteredMom.com and click the play button at the beginning of this post.
2. Listen on your smartphone, iPad or iPod Touch – There are a lot of great podcasting apps. Apple has a free one (that I mentioned) in the app store, there is also one called Downcast. It allows you to search for shows, subscribe to them and even speed up the audio. If you don’t have an iDevice, you can listen via Stitcher.
3. Subscribe to the Podcast – access the podcast in iTunes (Click here to access via iTunes). You can also search for it on your smartphone app (like the ones listed above) and subscribe.