Just like last year we’ll be republishing older episodes for the next six weeks. I’ll be enjoying a much needed Sabbath and y’all will get a chance to hear episodes you may not have heard yet (or reminded of ones you loved in the past)! Here’s a preview of what’s coming:
Our first featured mentor is the fabulous Sheila Walsh!!
“God had no grandchildren. He only had sons and daughters. Faith is something you have to choose for yourself.”
Those words started Sheila Walsh on a journey to know God and His love for her. From the tragic death of her father to professional success as 700 club co-host to discover freedom and peace in a psychiatric ward, Sheila shares a bit of her beautiful broken story.
“Suffering can be a gift from God. Because it really draws you closer to His heart. And a greater understanding that it’s never about me getting it right its about Christ who came to make everything right.”
This may be a “top ten favorite” interview for me. I’ve been a fan of Sheila and her work for years. But her wisdom and God’s grace in this episode ministered to me in a way and time that I needed most. Resonating with my soul that “through the broken places Christ’s love is closest to us.”
We also talk about fun ways to share the good news of God’s Word with your kids. How to keep the conversation open and allow our kids to ask hard, unanswerable questions. To give them the freedom to speak truth and know it doesn’t change God’s love for them.
“It’s Okay Not to be Okay” with Sheila Walsh
We’ve all experienced that moment where we wish we could start all over again. Failed marriages, lost friends, addictions, lost jobs. This is not the life we imagined. Yesterday can sometimes leave us stuck, sad, shamed, scared, and searching.
In this brand-new livestream event, best-selling author and trusted Bible teacher Sheila Walsh encourages viewers to face the pain head on and then start again, from right where they are. She shares that when she discovered “I’m not good enough and I’m good with that,” everything started to change.
This four-session video event is streaming live on September 14-15, 2018, with unlimited replay access until November 30. With a Streaming License, you will also receive a free discussion guide to with practical questions and supplemental Scripture study, perfect to use in your personal devotions, with a group of friends, or as a women’s event at your church!
Connect with Sheila:
What we chat about:
- Sheila’s incredible testimony
- How brokenness is where God brings His love to us
- The story behind “Gigi, God’s Little Princess” series
- Fun ideas of how the Walsh family did “devotion time”
- Allowing our kids to be free to speak truth and ask hard questions
- Her latest book in “The Bible is My Best Friend” series to help lead your child to Jesus
- Will, God’s Mighty Warrior**
- Gigi, God’s Little Princess**
- Passion Conferences
- The Bible is My Best Friend Bible Storybook**
- The Bible is My Best Friend Family Devotional**
- Where Do I Find Jesus?**
**Amazon Affiliate Link
How to listen to the podcast:
1.Listen on the blog. Click through to GodCenteredMom.com and click the play button at the beginning of this post.
2. Listen on your smartphone, iPad or iPod Touch – There are a lot of great podcasting apps. Apple has a free one (that I mentioned) in the app store, there is also one called Downcast. It allows you to search for shows, subscribe to them and even speed up the audio. If you don’t have an iDevice, you can listen via Stitcher.
3. Subscribe to the Podcast – access the podcast in iTunes (Click here to access via iTunes). You can also search for it on your smartphone app (like the ones listed above) and subscribe.