*Earbud warning…may want to listen without innocent ears hearing as well. 😉
This episode is about having great SEX with your husband. Whether that gets you excited or brings up fear in you, please stay and listen to my chat with Nancy Houston. She is a licensed professional counselor and sex therapist who shares candidly about how to overcome barriers to intimacy in marriage.
We talk about how to work through sexual pasts, sex after having kids, the impact of porn and sexual addiction on marriage. And how getting healing from your past experiences can draw you closer to your husband.
There’s a big learning curve to all of this. And you know too many times we treat sex as something that should be automatic and if we love each other this should just work. And that’s just not true. I mean statistically 60 percent of couples are having some sort of sexual problem right this minute.
What we chat about:
- Why the Christian community needs to open up more about sex and healthy intimacy
- How sex drive changes for women after they’ve had kids
- The importance of foreplay for women especially
- God gave us sex as a way to bond us together with our husband
- Statistically, 60 percent of couples are having some sort of sexual problems at any given minute
- A woman’s largest sex organ is her brain
- The need for healing when you’ve experienced sexual abuse
- How Nancy processed and found healing from the sexual trauma she experienced
- Porn vs sexual addiction and the need for therapy
- God made us for intimacy
- Letting go of the negative aspects you may have built up around the idea of sex
- Raising our kids to have a healthy view of sexuality
- 1 Corinthians 7:3-5 and how it references sex in marriage
- Having your hormones checked, exercise and eating healthy can help your body be prepared for sex
- Having healthy conversations about sex with your husband (not during sex!)
- Sex isn’t meant to be a performance, it’s meant to be a way for you and your husband to connect
- Invite God into the sexual part of your marriage
Connect with Nancy:
Nancy’s recommended books:
**Amazon affiliate link
Featured Sponsors: PrepDish
Prep Dish meal plans were created by chef & dietician Allison Schaaf to help save you time and put home-cooked meals on the table. No meal time stress. No more answering the dreaded question, “What’s for Dinner?!”. Developed by chef & dietician Allison Schaaf, Prep Dish is a healthy, whole food based meal plan subscription service. Allison does all the planning for you- including easy-to-follow shopping lists and prep-ahead instructions so you know what to prepare and when.
Imagine…all of your meals prepped and ready to go for the entire week. We like to call this meal time bliss!
Get 2 weeks of meal plans FREE! Go to Prepdish.com/gcm and use coupon code: GCM
Who else has tried FABFITFUN? If you don’t already know about it, it’s a seasonal box, with full-size beauty, fitness and lifestyle products. Their Spring Editor’s Box is epic. It has products like a Free People eye mask, beauty and skin care products from Kate Somerville and tarte, a mug by Ayesha Curry, and that’s just the beginning of it. Don’t miss out, because they sell out fast. Check out www.FABFITFUN.com and use the code “GCM” so you can save $10 off your first box, making it only $39.99. You deserve to treat yourself!
How to listen to the podcast:
1.Listen on the blog. Click through to GodCenteredMom.com and click the play button at the beginning of this post.
2. Listen on your smartphone, iPad or iPod Touch – There are a lot of great podcasting apps. Apple has a free one (that I mentioned) in the app store, there is also one called Downcast. It allows you to search for shows, subscribe to them and even speed up the audio. If you don’t have an iDevice, you can listen via Stitcher.
3. Subscribe to the Podcast – access the podcast in iTunes (Click here to access via iTunes). You can also search for it on your smartphone app (like the ones listed above) and subscribe.