There is a lot of pressure placed on moms to nurture and care for our families. Add the responsibilities of a full-time job on top of that and it easy to see why being a mom is called the hardest job in the world.
My friends Causha Jolly and Stacey McCabe share about life as working moms and the difficult balance they maintain everyday. I love how they share their hearts about being obedient to God’s assignment for them to work outside the home even in the difficult season of mothering little ones.
As a community of God-centered moms, we’re called to cheer on our sisters. It’s my hope that this episode will encourage you to bless and support other moms as they obey God.
Remember who you are in Christ, remember that you are called, remember that you are a daughter of the most high and never doubt that.
(STAY TUNED. . .later this week I'll release a blog post with more practical ideas on work/life balance from Causha)
What we chat about:
- Causha and Stacy’s motherhood stories and why they chose to work outside the home
- Why it’s harder for moms to travel and not worry about your kids vs. husbands traveling
- How to respond when we fear we aren’t enough and struggle under the weight of expectations placed on moms
- The difficulty of finding care for your kids while you work
- The false internal judgement of good mom to bad mom scale
- Feeling a divine assignment from God to be in a certain job
- How it’s necessary to say, “No” to a lot when you have limited family time
- The need to show grace for yourself so that you can have grace with your kids
- Moms can’t be there every moment of every day, but Jesus will always be there
- Teaching our kids to turn to Jesus to meet every one of their needs
- Dealing with moments of insecurity as a working mom
- When we judge a mom for her choices then we miss out on the blessing of supporting her in her obedience
**Amazon Affiliate Links
Featured Sponsors: PrepDish
Prep Dish meal plans were created by chef and dietician Allison Schaaf to help save you time and put home-cooked meals on the table. No meal time stress. No more answering the dreaded question, “What’s for Dinner?!”. Developed by chef and dietician Allison Schaaf, Prep Dish is a healthy, whole food based meal plan subscription service. Allison does all the planning for you- including easy-to-follow shopping lists and prep-ahead instructions so you know what to prepare and when.
Imagine...all of your meals prepped and ready to go for the entire week. We like to call this meal time bliss!
Get 2 weeks of meal plans FREE! Go to Prepdish.com/gcm and use coupon code: GCM
Who else has tried FABFITFUN? If you don't already know about it, it’s a seasonal box, with full-size beauty, fitness and lifestyle products. Their Spring Editor’s Box is epic. It has products like a Free People eye mask, beauty and skin care products from Kate Somerville and tarte, a mug by Ayesha Curry, and that’s just the beginning of it. Don't miss out, because they sell out fast. Check out www.FABFITFUN.com and use the code "GCM" so you can save $10 off your first box, making it only $39.99. You deserve to treat yourself!
How to listen to the podcast:
1.Listen on the blog. Click through to GodCenteredMom.com and click the play button at the beginning of this post.
2. Listen on your smartphone, iPad or iPod Touch – There are a lot of great podcasting apps. Apple has a free one (that I mentioned) in the app store, there is also one called Downcast. It allows you to search for shows, subscribe to them and even speed up the audio. If you don’t have an iDevice, you can listen via Stitcher.
3. Subscribe to the Podcast – access the podcast in iTunes (Click here to access via iTunes). You can also search for it on your smartphone app (like the ones listed above) and subscribe.