Powerhouse Christine Caine shares how she let go of fear and found faith for when the unexpected happened. Lots of truth and encouragement here for anyone who has encountered fear in parenting, a medical diagnosis and rejection in friendships… so all of us!
Jesus never said we’re not going to have trials. He said when trials come, not if, but when. I think sometimes as believers we forget that, but we have a grace within it. I think part of our testimony to a lost and broken world is the way we go through it.
What we chat about:
- Christine Caine’s new book, Unexpected
- Emboldening our faith and letting go of fear in motherhood
- Trusting that God will fill in the gaps of what we’re able to do as parents
- Basic spiritual practices can be some of the most powerful things in our lives
- Facing painful actualites in a fallen world
- Christine’s reaction to her cancer diagnosis
- Jesus is the name above all other names, including cancer
- Having a "faith cocoon" of friends to encourage you in the face of fear
- Enduring suffering as Christians
- Giving in to the pain and fear and suffering is not the answer
- We serve a God who is bigger!
- Godly motherhood in this generation is harder than it’s ever been
- Leaning in with a spirit of faith and not pulling back with a spirit of fear
- We’re called to train our children up and not restrain their giftings
- Dealing with rejection in friendship and moving forward
Connect with Chris:
**Amazon affiliate link
Struggling with entitled attitudes in your home? With kids who "Don't Wanna Do It!" or kids who "Want it now!"?? We created this course just for you. It is four 30-minute sessions developed with busy parents in mind.
In the Entitlement Fix Online Course we’ll teach you a proven thought process that helps parents and kids move away from entitled attitudes and toward gratitude, responsibility, and sense of long-term purpose. Join us today!
How to listen to the podcast:
1.Listen on the blog. Click through to GodCenteredMom.com and click the play button at the beginning of this post.
2. Listen on your smartphone, iPad or iPod Touch – There are a lot of great podcasting apps. Apple has a free one (that I mentioned) in the app store, there is also one called Downcast. It allows you to search for shows, subscribe to them and even speed up the audio. If you don’t have an iDevice, you can listen via Stitcher.
3. Subscribe to the Podcast – access the podcast in iTunes (Click here to access via iTunes). You can also search for it on your smartphone app (like the ones listed above) and subscribe.