The Bible tells of healings, miracles and the power of the Holy Spirit, but God’s power didn’t stop after the New Testament. Today’s guest Courtney Smallbone shares her personal story of God’s power in the hardest circumstances imaginable.
Supernatural healing is for today. Courtney’s story of finding freedom from anxiety and miraculous healing for her infant son is a powerful testimony of God’s faithfulness.
As moms we have a lot of fear and anxiety. We carry a lot. We have these little people that we’re in charge of and discipling. It gets exhausting and hard. I felt like the Lord just filled me with himself. He has given me not the spirit of fear, but love and power and a sound mind. I needed a sound mind when I was dealing with anxiety. He has given us power through his Holy Spirit and we can walk that out as moms in everyday life.
What we chat about:
- Courtney’s testimony of seeing God move in her life and health
- How Courtney met her husband Luke Smallbone of For King and Country
- The impact of Luke’s autoimmune disease on Courtney and her family
- Dealing with anxiety and prescription medicine dependence
- Getting freedom from the shame and finding healing holistically
- The importance of community in the healing process
- Why the church needs to embrace a holistic approach to healing and helping people be open about sharing their struggles
- Courtney’s physical issues with her most recent pregnancy
- The miracle of her son’s healing
- Teaching our kids that prayer is powerful and effective and that God is real
- Worshipping with your children invites them into a lifestyle of worship
- Hearing God for others and the gift of the praying in the spirit
Connect with Courtney:
Struggling with entitled attitudes in your home? With kids who "Don't Wanna Do It!" or kids who "Want it now!"?? We created this course just for you. It is four 30-minute sessions developed with busy parents in mind.
In the Entitlement Fix Online Course we’ll teach you a proven thought process that helps parents and kids move away from entitled attitudes and toward gratitude, responsibility, and sense of long-term purpose. Join us today!
How to listen to the podcast:
1.Listen on the blog. Click through to GodCenteredMom.com and click the play button at the beginning of this post.
2. Listen on your smartphone, iPad or iPod Touch – There are a lot of great podcasting apps. Apple has a free one (that I mentioned) in the app store, there is also one called Downcast. It allows you to search for shows, subscribe to them and even speed up the audio. If you don’t have an iDevice, you can listen via Stitcher.
3. Subscribe to the Podcast – access the podcast in iTunes (Click here to access via iTunes). You can also search for it on your smartphone app (like the ones listed above) and subscribe.