Get ready for a huge pep talk from one of today’s biggest business personalities, Christy Wright. She shares some of her story and a whole lot of encouragement for women whether you own a business or not.
If you struggle with guilt for taking time for yourself or prioritizing your time and saying no, Christy gives wisdom and practical advice to help you reframe your situation and move forward with confidence and kindness.
What we chat about:
- Christy’s story of growing up with a single working mom who owned a business.
- Letting go of mom guilt and looking at time away from our kids as healthy and necessary.
- One of the most powerful things you can show your kids is how you take care of yourself.
- Never say anything about yourself that you don’t want your kids to say about themselves.
- Getting on the same page with your spouse about taking time away.
- Decision making paradigm shift and protecting your time.
- How to say "no" with confidence and kindness.
- Prioritizing your time around your goals, family and what you enjoy.
- An honest 'no' is better than a dishonest 'yes'.
- The imposter syndrome and how it impacts women and high achievers.
- Take the first step even when you are fearful and it will start momentum to do even bigger things.
- Making baby steps to move out of a "stuck" place.
Questions to ask to help identify your strengths:
- What do you enjoy?
- What is effortless for you?
- Where do you excel in relation to others?
- What do others encourage in you?
- What gives you energy?
Connect with Christy:
**Amazon affiliate link, with no additional cost to you, a portion of your purchase will go to support the production of this show.
Prep Dish meal plans were created by chef & dietician Allison Schaaf to help save you time and put home-cooked meals on the table. No meal time stress. No more answering the dreaded question, “What’s for Dinner?!”. Developed by chef & dietician Allison Schaaf, Prep Dish is a healthy, whole food based meal plan subscription service. Allison does all the planning for you- including easy-to-follow shopping lists and prep-ahead instructions so you know what to prepare and when.
Imagine...all of your meals prepped and ready to go for the entire week. We like to call this meal time bliss!
How to listen to the podcast:
1.Listen on the blog. Click through to GodCenteredMom.com and click the play button at the beginning of this post.
2. Listen on your smartphone, iPad or iPod Touch – There are a lot of great podcasting apps. Apple has a free one (that I mentioned) in the app store, there is also one called Downcast. It allows you to search for shows, subscribe to them and even speed up the audio. If you don’t have an iDevice, you can listen via Stitcher.
3. Subscribe to the Podcast – access the podcast in iTunes (Click here to access via iTunes). You can also search for it on your smartphone app (like the ones listed above) and subscribe.