"We come as we are, but we don't stay as we are." (Priscilla Shirer)
God never requires us to fix ourselves up before coming to Him. His grace covers the pain, shame, guilt, sin, disasters that we bring to the table.
After confessing Jesus as Lord, we are promised the gift of the Holy Spirit. His presence IN US; to continue to heal and repair and redeem the innermost parts of our being.
But God isn't pushy. He gives you the freedom to invite Him to do a supernatural work you are unable to do yourself. He longs for you to know, at a heart level (not just "know"), who He says you are and what He feels about you. Unfortunately, your wounded souls can create a barrier to hearing His voice clearly.
In this episode I share a bit about my inner healing story. How through prayer I asked God to show me where a lie started, confessed believing it, received forgiveness, and asked Jesus to tell me Truth.
You and I can offer our hurts to Jesus. He is overjoyed to bind them up and heal us.
2 Corinthians 4:16 "Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day."
2 Corinthians 3:14-18 "But their minds were hardened. For to this day, when they read the old covenant, that same veil remains unlifted, because only through Christ is it taken away. Yes, to this day whenever Moses is read a veil lies over their hearts. But when one turns to the Lord, the veil is removed. Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom. And we all, with unveiled face,beholding the glory of the Lord,are being transformed into the same image from one degree of glory to another. For this comes from the Lord who is the Spirit."
Matthew 5:8 "Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God."
Matthew 27:51 "And behold, the curtain of the temple was torn in two, from top to bottom. And the earth shook, and the rocks were split."
1 Samuel 3: 7-11 “Speak Lord your servant is listening.”
What I chat about:
- The moment a child is given the gift of hearing.
- How God longs to tell us who we are and how He feels about us.
- What gets in the way from knowing to believing God's love for us.
- How we are the temple that holds the presence of God and Christ removed the veil separating us from God.
- The process of bringing wounds to Jesus and allowing Him to rewrite the story.
- My prayer journey, learning about the wounds we carry & compassion of Jesus.
- The motivation from Samuel & Solomon to clean up our soul to listen better.
**Amazon affiliate link: At no additional cost to you a portion of your purchase will support the production of this podcast.
How to listen to the podcast:
1.Listen on the blog. Click through to GodCenteredMom.com and click the play button at the beginning of this post.
2. Listen on your smartphone, iPad or iPod Touch – There are a lot of great podcasting apps. Apple has a free one (that I mentioned) in the app store, there is also one called Downcast. It allows you to search for shows, subscribe to them and even speed up the audio. If you don’t have an iDevice, you can listen via Stitcher.
3. Subscribe to the Podcast – access the podcast in iTunes (Click here to access via iTunes). You can also search for it on your smartphone app (like the ones listed above) and subscribe.