Jump into this special episode from the God Centered Mom "Live" event held November 3 to celebrate four years of the GCM podcast. Guests, Kat Lee & Wynter Pitts share about mentorship, friendship and dealing with fear and insecurity in motherhood.
What we chat about:
- Kat Lee and Wynter Pitts’ motherhood stories
- Dealing with insecurities in motherhood
- The importance of having mentors and deep friends in the motherhood journey
- Mentors don’t have to be older than you or available weekly. Find a way to make mentorship work for you.
- Think of areas you are struggling with and look for someone who excels in that area to mentor you, no matter their age
- Start or join a GCM podcast club as a way to connect with other women
- You can be a mentor too! Look for younger moms who need encouragement.
- We are never alone because God is with us, but it’s hard to remember that when life gets crazy. Kat and Wynter share what helps them remember God in the midst of life.
- “Should is not a sustainable why.” Don’t just do things you SHOULD do if you don’t have a good reason for WHY.
- Helping your kids develop healthy friendships and community
- Not trying to over control your children’s lives and praying through how involved you should be in their friendships
- Hope for dealing with irrational fears and grief
- Giving yourself permission to be honest with God when you aren’t coping well and realizing that he is good despite your circumstances
Connect with Kat:
Connect with Wynter:
**Amazon affiliate links (At no additional cost to you, a portion of your purchase will help keep the GodCenteredMom podcast running. Thank you!).
How to listen to the podcast:
1.Listen on the blog. Click through to GodCenteredMom.com and click the play button at the beginning of this post.
2. Listen on your smartphone, iPad or iPod Touch – There are a lot of great podcasting apps. Apple has a free one (that I mentioned) in the app store, there is also one called Downcast. It allows you to search for shows, subscribe to them and even speed up the audio. If you don’t have an iDevice, you can listen via Stitcher.
3. Subscribe to the Podcast – access the podcast in iTunes (Click here to access via iTunes). You can also search for it on your smartphone app (like the ones listed above) and subscribe.