Behind the Chewbacca Mask :: Candace Payne [Ep 184]
Remember THAT viral video? You know, the one where the mom wears the Chewbacca mask? Her contagious laugh was heard all over the interwebs. Today my friend and vodcast host, Kay Wyma, and I are thrilled to chat with the one and only Chewbacca Mom, Candace Payne.
Listen in as Candace gives us a glimpse into more of her story. And talks about finding satisfying joy in all of life’s circumstances.
Happiness brings instant gratification based on things that happen to us… Joy’s that thing that satisfies and lasts beyond [circumstances].
What we chat about:
- How joy informs who we are “behind the mask.”
- Finding joy in the little things… like a Chewbacca mask in the clearance aisle of Kohl’s.
- Overcoming adversity by choosing positivity.
- The two types of joy and where we can find true satisfaction.
- Changing a “never” list to an “always” list.
- Choosing hope over fear, and thriving even when the worst-case happens.
- What can happen when you stop living in anxiety.
- Fighting comparison, the frenemy of joy.
Connect with Candace:
- “Laugh It Up!” by Candace Payne**
- When Your Wounded Soul Needs a Smiling God with Lisa Harper
- Kay Wyma and the SaySomething Show
**Amazon affiliate links (At no additional cost to you, a portion of your purchase will help keep the GodCenteredMom podcast running. Thank you!).
How to listen to the podcast:
1.Listen on the blog. Click through to GodCenteredMom.com and click the play button at the beginning of this post.
2. Listen on your smartphone, iPad or iPod Touch – There are a lot of great podcasting apps. Apple has a free one (that I mentioned) in the app store, there is also one called Downcast. It allows you to search for shows, subscribe to them and even speed up the audio. If you don’t have an iDevice, you can listen via Stitcher.
3. Subscribe to the Podcast – access the podcast in iTunes (Click here to access via iTunes). You can also search for it on your smartphone app (like the ones listed above) and subscribe.