Don't you wish you could chat with an older mom who's been there? Who knows what its like to care for and deal with the needs of a child with autism? Well, today I'm bringing that person to you!
Terri Conlin is the mom to four grown children. One of her sons (now 23 years old) was diagnosed as a child with Autism Spectrum Disorder. She's here to provide her story. The challenges and the triumphs. The places of help and of heartache.
Y'all shared wonderful questions with me via Instagram. Thank you for letting me know what's been hard for you. Thank you for wanting to help your friends who have children on the spectrum. Once again, my hope is to learn you're not alone.
(Stay tuned for part two of our conversation, which will go live on Wednesday, Oct 25th).
What we chat about:
- Getting the diagnosis of autism.
- How Terri meditated on the Psalms to put faith back in God when spit at/punched/kicked.
- Recognizing the grief therapy she and her husband needed.
- The impact of autism on the entire family.
- Learning to slow their pace down.
- Helping siblings cope.
- How a mentor encouraged her and eased her loneliness.
Connect with Terri:
Biblical Counseling Resources:
Featured Sponsor: Discipline That Connects Course (by Connected Families)
Discipline that Connects is a six-session online course that is designed to bring peace, connection, and grace to your home. Jim and Lynne Jackson have been teaching their easy-to-remember framework since 1993. Thousands of parents have been equipped to live out God’s grace and truth in their discipline through workshops and private coaching, and now, through the ease of the online course.
Connected Families has divided the online course into six practical and approachable sessions:
- Session 1: How Well-Intentioned Parents Miss Their Kids’ Hearts
Four Messages in Discipline Scenarios:
- Session 2: You are SAFE with me!
- Session 3: You are LOVED no matter what!
- Session 4: You are God’s workmanship - CALLED and CAPABLE!
- Session 5: You are RESPONSIBLE for your actions!
- Session 6: The Four Messages in Action
Pre-registration for this amazing course begins September 25th. Course begins TODAY October 2nd. Sign up for this moderated course to have forever access, a downloadable course workbook, a money back guarantee, AND the opportunity to grow as a parent with purpose and confidence with the ability to see God’s grace and love like never before. REGISTER NOW! (<--Click this link to register)