Drop the Superwoman Myth & Run Your Race :: Jessica Honegger [Ep 178]
Mom and entrepreneur Jessica Honegger shares a bit of her story behind starting her business Noonday Collection and a whole lot of truth about partnering with God in both motherhood AND entrepreneurship.
This has definitely been a journey where God doesn’t call the qualified, he qualifies the called. I didn’t have a background in fashion or an MBA, but I have always been passionate about bringing justice for the poor and more opportunities to those in our midst who haven’t had as much opportunities.
Jump into her story with me and get ready for real-talk about letting go of cultural norms and superwoman myths and finding freedom in who God says you are.
It’s just the pep talk we need to do the things God has called us to do and not sit any longer in fear, insecurity and comparison. “Get up and go!!”
What we chat about:
- The background story of Noonday Collection.
- How Jessica started her business when her children were small and struggled with the definition of a “good mom”.
- Finding freedom knowing there wasn’t a dichotomy between being a mom and a businesswoman.
- Focusing on what helps your individual family flourish instead of following others’ paths
- Getting clarity from God on who he says you are brings healing and gives us freedom to pursue the work he has for us.
- God has not called us to just sit and pray, but to go and be out in the world doing his work.
- Stopping the superwoman myth and admitting we need help in areas of life, especially in areas we aren’t gifted in or don’t enjoy.
- Creating the spaces and community we need–focusing on what you have.
- How to support friends who run small businesses.
- Stories of people whose lives have been impacted by Noonday Collection.
Connect with Jessica & Noonday:
Featured Sponsor: Paul David Tripp Ministries
Don’t miss the opportunity to watch best-selling and award-winning author Paul David Tripp teach on Parenting: Gospel Principles That Can Radically Change Your Family.
This event is streaming live on September 29-30 and available for unlimited, on-demand replay until October 31. Streaming licenses are available for purchase for individuals, small groups, and entire churches. With your license, you can:
– Stream the event as it happens from any device on Friday, September 29 (from 7pm – 10pm EDT) and Saturday, September 30 (from 9am – 12pm EDT)
– Restart the live video stream from the beginning when its convenient for you, your group, and your time zone
– Replay the four, 90-minute-long event sessions as many times as you want through October 31, 2017
Ready to invest in your parenting? CLICK HERE TO PURCHASE A STREAMING LICENSE. And get 5% off the license using coupon code: GCM!!
How to listen to the podcast:
1.Listen on the blog. Click through to GodCenteredMom.com and click the play button at the beginning of this post.
2. Listen on your smartphone, iPad or iPod Touch – There are a lot of great podcasting apps. Apple has a free one (that I mentioned) in the app store, there is also one called Downcast. It allows you to search for shows, subscribe to them and even speed up the audio. If you don’t have an iDevice, you can listen via Stitcher.
3. Subscribe to the Podcast – access the podcast in iTunes (Click here to access via iTunes). You can also search for it on your smartphone app (like the ones listed above) and subscribe.