Join me for some real talk with Chrystal Evans Hurst where she shares her story of pressing through hard times, admitting when she needed God to rescue her and reclaiming dreams she had as a kid.
Chrystal is a mom of 5, an author, a podcaster and the chief operating officer of the Hurst household. Her new book, She’s Still There: Rescuing the Girl in You tells her story of wandering from the life she was meant to live and what’s she’s learned about how to find her way back. Through her testimony she lays out the rescue plan to allow God to bring back the girl He created you to be.
What we chat about:
- Chrystal’s story behind her new book She’s Still There
- Pressing through hard times and participating in God’s offer for rescue
- Why it’s important to recognize when you need help
- How help looks different in different seasons and situations
- God is with us and speaks to us in so many ways
- Doing the best you can with your day today
- Revisiting the core of who we are and how we can honor our hopes and dreams in our current reality
- Having “sister circles” of friends in different spheres
- Being the initiator of friendship when you feel lonely
- Practicals for learning to hear God’s voice for your life
Connect with Chrystal:
**Amazon affiliate link: small percentage of your purchase goes to supporting this podcast, at no additional cost to you.
Featured Sponsor: Yip Yap
Yip Yap was started by a mom who desired for her young kids to be able to stay connected to loved ones – grandparents that live away, dad when he traveled for work – but without a home phone, the only option was to hand her kids her expensive and fragile smartphone, (anyone out there relate to that?). She imagined a better way and with a team of people, Yip Yap has designed, built, and launched a first of its kind kid’s WiFi phone called PIPSQUEAK. It’s durable, age-appropriate, and completely controlled by parents using the Yip Yap App on their phone. Parents build an individual private network of contacts and content specifically suited to their child and accessed using PIPSQUEAK. PIPSQUEAK features include calling, photo and video sharing, ad/commercial/search FREE YouTube streaming, music, games and more!
How to listen to the podcast:
1.Listen on the blog. Click through to GodCenteredMom.com and click the play button at the beginning of this post.
2. Listen on your smartphone, iPad or iPod Touch – There are a lot of great podcasting apps. Apple has a free one (that I mentioned) in the app store, there is also one called Downcast. It allows you to search for shows, subscribe to them and even speed up the audio. If you don’t have an iDevice, you can listen via Stitcher.
3. Subscribe to the Podcast – access the podcast in iTunes (Click here to access via iTunes). You can also search for it on your smartphone app (like the ones listed above) and subscribe.