How do you stop the cycle of generational pain and hurt?
Jeff Henderson, a pastor of Gwinnett Church in Atlanta, teamed up with a few other dads to create a coming-of-age program for their 12-year-old sons. What started as a personal project is now a reproducible model for other fathers to connect with their sons and restart a line of generational blessings. Jeff shares the far reaching impacts of this program for both fathers and sons.
What we chat about:
- The story behind Champion Tribe, a rite-of-passage experience for 11 to 14-year-old boys
- The importance of a father’s affirmation and blessing for sons
- The stewardship responsibility of having had a great dad
- Ideas for single moms on finding male mentors for sons
- The long lasting impact of fathers taking the time to teach values and engage their sons
- Why a tribe or group dynamic is important in a mentoring capacity
- How dads are impacted through the process of Champion Tribes
- The practicals of the Champion Tribes program (time commitment, types of sessions and kit)
Connect with Champion Tribes:
How to listen to the podcast:
1.Listen on the blog. Click through to GodCenteredMom.com and click the play button at the beginning of this post.
2. Listen on your smartphone, iPad or iPod Touch – There are a lot of great podcasting apps. Apple has a free one (that I mentioned) in the app store, there is also one called Downcast. It allows you to search for shows, subscribe to them and even speed up the audio. If you don’t have an iDevice, you can listen via Stitcher.
3. Subscribe to the Podcast – access the podcast in iTunes (Click here to access via iTunes). You can also search for it on your smartphone app (like the ones listed above) and subscribe.