All-American soccer star Mo Isom shares her powerful testimony of meeting God in times of peace and adversity.
Outwardly, her life seemed like a success, but she was battling an eating disorder, the suicide of her father, and a horrific car accident. It wasn't until God wrecked her life that she fully realized the power of the Gospel.
What we chat about:
- Mo’s history with eating disorders and sports in high school
- Her faith journey toward healing and learning to walk out her personal faith
- How a transactional view of God (we praise him, he blesses us) is a twisted view of faith
- A tragedy in Mo’s family that caused her to run from God
- Mo’s major turning point and encounter with God in the midst of a car wreck
- God’s sovereignty and consistency, especially in our pain and sin
- When Mo and I were in Israel together
- The realities of Jesus’ birth: the location and true complications that Mary faced
Connect with Mo:
**Amazon Affiliate Link
How to listen to the podcast:
1.Listen on the blog. Click through to GodCenteredMom.com and click the play button at the beginning of this post.
2. Listen on your smartphone, iPad or iPod Touch – There are a lot of great podcasting apps. Apple has a free one (that I mentioned) in the app store, there is also one called Downcast. It allows you to search for shows, subscribe to them and even speed up the audio. If you don’t have an iDevice, you can listen via Stitcher.
3. Subscribe to the Podcast – access the podcast in iTunes (Click here to access via iTunes). You can also search for it on your smartphone app (like the ones listed above) and subscribe.