Inspired by medieval times and stories of brave knights, Heather Haupt created a Knight’s Code, based on the code of chivalry. She then trained her young sons to fight for what is right and good and defend the weak.
Now, nearly five years later, Haupt has written a new book, “Knights in Training” exploring ten principles for raising honorable, courageous, and compassionate boys.
“Respect is so important to men, and when they recognize that God is worthy of respect, they are going to give their allegiance–they are going to be unflagging, undaunted and immovable. It is really cool to get our boys to that point.”
What we chat about:
- Homeschooling her crew and the ultimate guide to brain breaks
- How Heather adapted the medieval code of chivalry to inspire to her sons
- Using the chivalry challenge to keep discipline interactions positive
- Motivating boys to see God as the ultimate coach who expects great things from his men, but cares about them personally
- Fostering respect for God in boys vs focusing on connecting with feelings
- Teaching your sons to stand against injustice and evil because people are made in the image of God
- Boys innately desire to defend and protect others, and those tendencies need to be encouraged
- The history of the code of chivalry and how culture has drifted from those ideas
Connect with Heather:
**Amazon Affiliate Link
How to listen to the podcast:
1.Listen on the blog. Click through to GodCenteredMom.com and click the play button at the beginning of this post.
2. Listen on your smartphone, iPad or iPod Touch – There are a lot of great podcasting apps. Apple has a free one (that I mentioned) in the app store, there is also one called Downcast. It allows you to search for shows, subscribe to them and even speed up the audio. If you don’t have an iDevice, you can listen via Stitcher.
3. Subscribe to the Podcast – access the podcast in iTunes (Click here to access via iTunes). You can also search for it on your smartphone app (like the ones listed above) and subscribe.