Oh friendship! A gift that can bring incredible joy and cause great pain. If female relationships weren't tricky enough, our wounded selves bump into each other causing even deeper hurts.
But what are we to do? How do we heal, move forward and develop lasting friendships?
Thankfully, my friend, Lisa-Jo Baker is back on the show. She's written a new book, "Never Unfriended". Today we'll be talking about friendship wounds. And Lisa-Jo will point us to Jesus, the One who will heal us and never leave us.
Jesus is never tired of me always needing Him. Instead, He is delighted by how desperately I need His validation and He never, ever withholds it from me. Or from you. - excerpt from "Never Unfriended" by Lisa-Jo
I've always been in awe at how Lisa-Jo can so clearly communicate the human condition and the complexities of relationships. This conversation is no different. Praying you will find healing and direction in your friendships after listening.
What we chat about:
- What do we fear most in friendship
- How to include the new girl & ignore the "cool kid" lies
- How to heal past friendship wounds.
- Turning to Jesus for meat & potatoes soul filling.
- Not blaming social media for our heart issues.
- How do you survive a friendship break-up.
- The hope of reconciliation and knowing when to let go.
Connect with Lisa-Jo Baker:
**Amazon Affiliate Link
Featured Sponsor: Jelly Telly
JellyTelly is the only streaming video app designed specifically for kids where God is real and His Word is true. Co-developed with VeggieTales® creator Phil Vischer.
Instantly stream hundreds of hours of safe, affirming videos and movies for kids about God, the Bible, and faith. JellyTelly is a safe place for children to experience fun and engaging entertainment while learning about God, the Bible, and faith.
Popular shows include: VeggieTales, Owlegories, Friends and Heroes, What’s in the Bible?, Theo, Whirl, Hillsong Kids, the Jesus Storybook Bible and MANY more! (browse the entire catalog here: https://www.jellytelly.com/whatson). Watch on iOS, Android, Kindle apps with a brand new Roku and Apple TV channels. Get your Easter resources over at JellyTelly.com blog.
When you sign up for a month of Jelly Telly and use the special coupon code (mentioned in this episode), you get a 10 page Jesus coloring book download and your first week of JellyTelly FREE!
How to listen to the podcast:
1.Listen on the blog. Click through to GodCenteredMom.com and click the play button at the beginning of this post.
2. Listen on your smartphone, iPad or iPod Touch – There are a lot of great podcasting apps. Apple has a free one (that I mentioned) in the app store, there is also one called Downcast. It allows you to search for shows, subscribe to them and even speed up the audio. If you don’t have an iDevice, you can listen via Stitcher.
3. Subscribe to the Podcast – access the podcast in iTunes (Click here to access via iTunes). You can also search for it on your smartphone app (like the ones listed above) and subscribe.