“Mawwiage. Mawwiage is what bwings us togevah today.” (and only you diehard “Princess Bride” fans are grinning right now). For the rest of you. . . a glimpse into our wedding reception, 18 years ago:
Yep, be jealous of those moves. We partied like it was 1999. Cuz it was. But I’ll tell ya, the party didn’t last. Our first year of marriage was HARD. And we hit another rough patch (a.k.a. the “come to Jesus” days) after our second son was born. I took all the marriage advice I could get.
For all you mommas out there looking for a little marriage help, I’ve invited Jen Weaver on the show to talk about her newest book, “A Wife’s Secret to Happiness”.
Jen is an adorable millennial who knows God’s Word and isn’t afraid to hit the marriage topic head on. She shares some great insights on a few controversial issues. But more than anything she helps us identify the marriage habits (a.k.a., “WifeStyles”) that are attracting or denying the blessings God has for our marriages.
What we chat about:
- What is a “wifestyle”?
- Habits that can attract or deny the blessings God has for our marriages
- The slightly-controversial topic of “submission”
- Making room for your spouse to lead and space for the Lord to speak.
- What about when your spouse isn’t walking with the Lord?
- Wifestyles: “braided” or “frayed”
- What Jesus asked Jen.
- Wifestyles: “doubtful” or “decided”
- When you go through a relationship winter after a new baby
- Hebrew convo about “chayil”and Proverbs 31 woman who is a wife of valor
Connect with Jen Weaver:
**Amazon Affiliate Link
Featured Sponsor: RadJoy
We often talk about “giving it to God” but so frequently we choose to carry the heavy loads of life. But with the Surrender Cross, as a gesture of prayer, asking God for release, you can write your burdens down and physically nail them to the cross. Experiencing joy each time you pass by this visual reminder of God’s love. Order your Surrender Cross today over at the RadJoy shop. And listen to the show for a special 15% off coupon code.
How to listen to the podcast:
1.Listen on the blog. Click through to GodCenteredMom.com and click the play button at the beginning of this post.
2. Listen on your smartphone, iPad or iPod Touch – There are a lot of great podcasting apps. Apple has a free one (that I mentioned) in the app store, there is also one called Downcast. It allows you to search for shows, subscribe to them and even speed up the audio. If you don’t have an iDevice, you can listen via Stitcher.
3. Subscribe to the Podcast – access the podcast in iTunes (Click here to access via iTunes). You can also search for it on your smartphone app (like the ones listed above) and subscribe.