Leading Our Kids to the Nearness of God’s Love :: Sheila Walsh [Ep 151]
“God had no grandchildren. He only had sons and daughters. Faith is something you have to choose for yourself.”
Those words started Sheila Walsh on a journey to know God and His love for her. From the tragic death of her father to professional success as 700 club co-host to discover freedom and peace in a psychiatric ward, Sheila shares a bit of her beautiful broken story.
“Suffering can be a gift from God. Because it really draws you closer to His heart. And a greater understanding that it’s never about me getting it right its about Christ who came to make everything right.”
This may be a “top ten favorite” interview for me. I’ve been a fan of Sheila and her work for years. But her wisdom and God’s grace in this episode ministered to me in a way and time that I needed most. Resonating with my soul that “through the broken places Christ’s love is closest to us.”
We also talk about fun ways to share the good news of God’s Word with your kids. How to keep the conversation open and allow our kids to ask hard, unanswerable questions. To give them the freedom to speak truth and know it doesn’t change God’s love for them.
She also shares her newest resources in “The Bible is My Best Friend” series:
“Where Do I Find Jesus?” is a cute story and tool to lead your child(ren) to Christ. And “The Bible is My Best Friend Bible Storybook” is a new daily bible to read with your children, sharing the whole story of God’s love for us.
Featured Sponsor: Jelly Telly
JellyTelly is the only streaming video app designed specifically for kids where God is real and His Word is true. Co-developed with VeggieTales® creator Phil Vischer. Instantly stream hundreds of hours of safe, affirming videos and movies for kids about God, the Bible, and faith. JellyTelly is a safe place for children to experience fun and engaging entertainment while learning about God, the Bible, and faith. Popular shows include: VeggieTales, Owlegories, Friends and Heroes, What’s in the Bible?, Theo, Whirl, Hillsong Kids, the Jesus Storybook Bible and MANY more! (browse the entire catalog here: https://www.jellytelly.com/whatson). Watch on iOS, Android, Kindle apps with a brand new Roku and Apple TV channels. 1 Month Free with coupon code mentioned in February GCM podcast episodes.
Connect with Sheila:
What we chat about:
- Sheila’s incredible testimony
- How brokenness is where God brings His love to us
- The story behind “Gigi, God’s Little Princess” series
- Fun ideas of how the Walsh family did “devotion time”
- Allowing our kids to be free to speak truth and ask hard questions
- Her latest book in “The Bible is My Best Friend” series to help lead your child to Jesus
- Will, God’s Mighty Warrior**
- Gigi, God’s Little Princess**
- Passion Conferences
- The Bible is My Best Friend Bible Storybook**
- The Bible is My Best Friend Family Devotional**
- Where Do I Find Jesus?**
**Amazon Affiliate Link
How to listen to the podcast:
1.Listen on the blog. Click through to GodCenteredMom.com and click the play button at the beginning of this post.
2. Listen on your smartphone, iPad or iPod Touch – There are a lot of great podcasting apps. Apple has a free one (that I mentioned) in the app store, there is also one called Downcast. It allows you to search for shows, subscribe to them and even speed up the audio. If you don’t have an iDevice, you can listen via Stitcher.
3. Subscribe to the Podcast – access the podcast in iTunes (Click here to access via iTunes). You can also search for it on your smartphone app (like the ones listed above) and subscribe.