Friendships can be tricky. Then throw in our own weaknesses and insecurities. . .oi vey!
Today's guest, Renee Swope, openly wrote about her self-doubt struggles in the book, "A Confident Heart"**. After 20 years serving with the Proverbs 31 ministry, Renee knows a thing or to about the joys and complexities of female relationships. In this episode she shares the value found in embracing her "lack" and inviting others into her life.
Renee answers questions like, "How do you find 'good' friends willing to accept your mess?" And "Where are the older women offering help and wisdom?" And "In our modern era how does self-sufficiency hinder community?"
If you are looking for more on community, Renee wrote about one of 30 friendship topics covered in the new book, "Craving Connection"**. So many of women I love are sharing their friendship stories, offering camaraderie and hope. Co-authors include: Lisa-Jo Baker (Ep 21), Crystal Stine (Ep 10), Stacey Thacker (Ep 76), Eryn Hall, Erin Mohring, Kristen Strong (Ep 97), Amanda White (Ep 3, 17, 27, 36, 79), and Jennifer Dukes Lee (Ep 18).
Connect with Renee:
What we chat about:
- How the international adoption of her daughter shaped her older sons.
- Renee’s journey into speaking/writing with Proverbs 31 ministry the past 21 years.
- How to know when to put something aside or move forward confidently.
- Renee's internal battle of self-doubt and insecurity.
- The question we ask ourselves when someone asks, "How are you?".
- Ways to get passed insecurity in our friendships.
- How processing feelings with others help hard situations lose their weight.
- Finding real good friends by being the friend they need.
- A challenge to older moms to make the invitation to younger moms.
- How self-sufficiency can hinder community.
**Amazon Affiliate Link
How to listen to the podcast:
1.Listen on the blog. Click through to GodCenteredMom.com and click the play button at the beginning of this post.
2. Listen on your smartphone, iPad or iPod Touch – There are a lot of great podcasting apps. Apple has a free one (that I mentioned) in the app store, there is also one called Downcast. It allows you to search for shows, subscribe to them and even speed up the audio. If you don’t have an iDevice, you can listen via Stitcher.
3. Subscribe to the Podcast – access the podcast in iTunes (Click here to access via iTunes). You can also search for it on your smartphone app (like the ones listed above) and subscribe.