Sometimes? Hard stuff happens.
It may be a life-altering tragedy. It may be a new season you find yourself.
When the hard happens, we get to choose our response. We can feel defeated and give up. We can fight back with our own strength and become exhausted.
OR we can seek God, through His Word. Rely on His strength and find rest.
Today's podcast guest, Wendy Blight, vulnerably shares the hard parts of her story. How as a rape survivor, Wendy found healing through Scripture. And how years later, as an angry mom, she again found transformation and growth through memorizing key verses.
There is no better place than sitting at the feet of Jesus. Whatever time you can give Him, He will fill you up to be the mom you want to be.
I love having moms of older children on the show. Nothing beats a nice dose of perspective and wisdom. You are in for a treat.
Wendy is the author of one of my favorite Bible Studies, "Living So That". And a newer study I haven't done yet, but really want to, called, "I Know His Name: Discovering Power in the Names of God". Both are studies from the "InScribed Collection" (which I love!).
The Write the Word Bible journal is unique. With Lara Casey's small business, and three littles running under the same roof, her "quiet time" each day is pretty loud! She prayed one morning for God to give her a simple way to connect with Him, right in the thick of it, and the Write the Word journal was born.
On each page, you'll get a selection of specially-selected key verses to write out, along with space to write your thoughts, prayers, or whatever God places on your heart. Use your Write the Word Bible journal in whatever ways you wish! These journals are all about grace and digging into God's life-giving truth.
Each volume has a different set of verses from both the Old and New Testaments.
What we chat about:
- How Wendy healed as a rape survivor
- The three God appointments which led her to study His Word
- How to integrate Scripture into your prayers
- Wendy's time as an angry young mom and 'yelling' when she didn't want to
- What steps Wendy took to help change the way she mothered
- The lies we believe about who we are
- How to bring the unity of the Spirit in your home
- Turning to His Word instead of Facebook
- Picking one thing and one Scripture to work on
- How we can control the temperature of our homes
- Brainstorming creative ways to spend time in God's presence (even during middle-of-the-night feedings)
- Wendy's next book on the names of God
Connect with Wendy:
Site :: Facebook :: Twitter
What verse or Scripture has brought you healing?
How to listen to the podcast:
1.Listen on the blog. Click through to GodCenteredMom.com and click the play button at the beginning of this post.
2. Listen on your smartphone, iPad or iPod Touch – There are a lot of great podcasting apps. Apple has a free one (that I mentioned) in the app store, there is also one called Downcast. It allows you to search for shows, subscribe to them and even speed up the audio. If you don’t have an iDevice, you can listen via Stitcher.
3. Subscribe to the Podcast – access the podcast in iTunes (Click here to access via iTunes). You can also search for it on your smartphone app (like the ones listed above) and subscribe.