Our hearts wander.
We long to remain faithful to God, but forget we are human.
The great news is God isn’t going anywhere. He longs for you to know Him. Not just know about Him, but know His deep, deep personal love for you.
Today’s guest, Lacey Dobrient, shares her own story of wandering, the single life, loss of her father and secondary infertility. . .events which all led her to study God’s Word more intently.
Lacey shares the method God revealed to her when she prayed for a way to know Him more.
I know there are lots of Bible study options out there, but I wanted to share this fun and purposeful one with y’all. AND I didn’t even know all the authentic sharing Lacey would do during our interview. Powerful stuff.
Connect with Lacey:
Site :: Contact :: Shop
The Write the Word Bible journal is unique. With Lara Casey’s small business, and three littles running under the same roof, her “quiet time” each day is pretty loud! She prayed one morning for God to give her a simple way to connect with Him, right in the thick of it, and the Write the Word journal was born.
On each page, you’ll get a selection of specially-selected key verses to write out, along with space to write your thoughts, prayers, or whatever God places on your heart. Use your Write the Word Bible journal in whatever ways you wish! These journals are all about grace and digging into God’s life-giving truth.
Each volume has a different set of verses from both the Old and New Testaments.
What we talked about:
- Lacey’s legacy of faith and the memories she has of her parents in God’s word.
- Making the transition with your kids from Bible stories to Bible study.
- Lacey’s season of straying from God.
- Why she felt God kept her single until 38
- The shock of pain with secondary infertility.
- When hard things happen how do we believe God is good.
- A desire to grow closer to God, but not knowing how.
- The approach God gently led Lacey to study her Bible.
- How Lacey decided to assign colors to Bible themes
- The influence you can have your children through Bible study.
- What “face on face” love is and how to have that with God.
How to listen to the podcast:
1.Listen on the blog. Click through to GodCenteredMom.com and click the play button at the beginning of this post.
2. Listen on your smartphone, iPad or iPod Touch – There are a lot of great podcasting apps. Apple has a free one (that I mentioned) in the app store, there is also one called Downcast. It allows you to search for shows, subscribe to them and even speed up the audio. If you don’t have an iDevice, you can listen via Stitcher.
3. Subscribe to the Podcast – access the podcast in iTunes (Click here to access via iTunes). You can also search for it on your smartphone app (like the ones listed above) and subscribe.
*If you missed past episodes, you can listen via iTunes or click on this page of the GodCenteredMom site to find a listing of all the episodes.
**Check out this page for instructions on how to leave a rating or review on iTunes: GodCenteredMom.com/review