Usually by 8 am, the whining or constant needs or sibling rivalry, sabotage all my efforts at being a great mom.
What if I didn’t have to try to be a great mom in my own strength? What if there was a way to have eyes to see the most important things, patience to handle one more question and love to cover another mess?
Today’s podcast guest, Kat Lee (InspiredtoAction.com) not only reminds us the high value moms hold, but the mom “game changer” of going from frazzled to faithful.
Kat has completely transformed my motherhood journey. You heard me share a little about her in the episode “This is Us” a couple weeks ago. Honestly, the GodCenteredMom podcast, website, and my boys (just kidding…kinda) would not exist if it weren’t for Kat’s encouragement to wake up for my kids and not to my kids. And her help in establishing the habit of getting God’s Word has sustained me through the hardest of seasons.
Luckily, you have the opportunity to learn from Kat as well. And join the accountability community, HelloMornings. In this episode I share how you can start in January with her 3 Minute Morning 30 Day Challenge (click link to check it out now!)
God wants us to wrap our arms our His neck, not just stick our hands into His pockets.- Louie Giglio
The Write the Word Bible journal is unique. With Lara Casey’s small business, and three littles running under the same roof, her “quiet time” each day is pretty loud! She prayed one morning for God to give her a simple way to connect with Him, right in the thick of it, and the Write the Word journal was born.
On each page, you’ll get a selection of specially-selected key verses to write out, along with space to write your thoughts, prayers, or whatever God places on your heart. Use your Write the Word Bible journal in whatever ways you wish! These journals are all about grace and digging into God’s life-giving truth.
Each volume has a different set of verses from both the Old and New Testaments.
What we chat about:
- How Kat makes it through the week when her husband travels
- The negative cycle of staying up late, being a mean mommy, staying up late again.
- How God redeemed Mother’s Day for Kat.
- The call she received which led her back to her mom’s family/nation of origin.
- The disaster of comparing your worst mommy moment to another mom’s best moment.
- Kat’s no-good-very-bad-day, leading to a revelation in the garage, in her hot mini-van, and what God asked her to do.
- The habit she began of getting up earlier than her kids, reading God’s Word & praying for her kids.
- God is the game changer for our motherhood.
Connect with Kat:
Blog :: Facebook :: Twitter :: Instagram
**How to listen to the podcast:**
1.Listen on the blog. Click through to GodCenteredMom.com and click the play button at the beginning of this post.
2. Listen on your smartphone, iPad or iPod Touch – There are a lot of great podcasting apps. Apple has a free one (that I mentioned) in the app store, there is also one called Downcast. It allows you to search for shows, subscribe to them and even speed up the audio. If you don’t have an iDevice, you can listen via Stitcher.
3. Subscribe to the Podcast – access the podcast in iTunes (Click here to access via iTunes). You can also search for it on your smartphone app (like the ones listed above) and subscribe.
*If you missed past episodes, you can listen via iTunes or click on this page of the GodCenteredMom site to find a listing of all the episodes.