I don't beg often. But here it goes. . .please, please don't miss this week's interview.
If you've struggling in a season of waiting. . .
If you've had to walk into God's plans that differ from your own . . .
If your life has been messy and hard and it's spilling out in front of others. . .
If you've known the strain of managing work and motherhood. . .
If you want to grow your faith with "quiet time" but your home is far from quiet. . .
If you want to be intentional but don't know where to begin. . .
Then this episode is for you.
Today's guest, Lara Casey, vulnerably shares her own experience with all of the above. How God graciously led her through challenging several seasons. How "good things come out of hard things."
Not only is Lara the mom to three little ones but she is a successful business owner. Here are a few of her ventures: "Southern Weddings Magazine" founder, Powersheets creator, Cultivate what Matters Shop Owner, Making Things Happen Conference hostess and "Make it Happen" author.
Don't let her achievements intimidate you. Lara is also down-to-earth, kind, humble and offers grace to our weary souls:
You don't have to be perfect to grow an intentional life. God will use you right where you are.
This was one of my favorite conversations this year. Which is even more special because it was my last interview of 2016!
Connect with Lara:
The Write the Word Bible journal is unique. With Lara Casey's small business, and three littles running under the same roof, her "quiet time" each day is pretty loud! She prayed one morning for God to give her a simple way to connect with Him, right in the thick of it, and the Write the Word journal was born.
On each page, you'll get a selection of specially-selected key verses to write out, along with space to write your thoughts, prayers, or whatever God places on your heart. Use your Write the Word Bible journal in whatever ways you wish! These journals are all about grace and digging into God's life-giving truth.
Each volume has a different set of verses from both the Old and New Testaments.
What we chat about:
- Keeping hands open to God in the waiting of prayer AND in His answering of it
- How good things come from hard things – true in the Bible and in our lives today
- When life’s messiness spills out and other people see it (gasp!)
- The tension between motherhood and work, and how it changed Lara’s business
- How God drew Lara to change the way she told her story, unfinished and imperfect
- The lesson we can see through the window: God works in seasons and rhythms
- Cultivating what matters and choosing a few things over everything
- Intentionally growing with God in the messy seasons and not waiting for a better time
- Identifying your priorities and pulling the weeds that hold you back
- Bibles on cake stands (and elsewhere throughout the house)
- LOUD quiet times and letting the kids have a front row seat to your faith
- The “clues” in our complaints and approaching them differently
How to listen to the podcast:
1.Listen on the blog. Click through to GodCenteredMom.com and click the play button at the beginning of this post.
2. Listen on your smartphone, iPad or iPod Touch – There are a lot of great podcasting apps. Apple has a free one (that I mentioned) in the app store, there is also one called Downcast. It allows you to search for shows, subscribe to them and even speed up the audio. If you don’t have an iDevice, you can listen via Stitcher.
3. Subscribe to the Podcast – access the podcast in iTunes (Click here to access via iTunes). You can also search for it on your smartphone app (like the ones listed above) and subscribe.