#FeelFreetoLaugh :: Jordan Watts [Ep 137]
The mother load.
That pile of “shoulds” and “ought to’s” moms carry around. Unmanageable burdens we were never meant to shoulder.
Like I’ve said, this mom gig isn’t easy. I often make it harder than it needs to be.
Today’s guest, Jordan Watts, delivers a message of freedom and joy. For moms to know they are fully loved by God. And to hand Him the responsibilities He never intended them to manage.
In this episode, we laugh. A lot. The entire last 10 minutes Jordan tells her infamous Chick-fil-A poop story. But we also chat wisdom and truth. Jordan brings a good word on trusting the slow transformation process. On surrendering our control. On letting God save our kids instead of thinking it’s up to us to “love our children to Jesus”.
If you love Jordan’s wit and insight (which I’m sure you will), then check out her newest book (click image for Amazon affiliate link):
Connect with Jordan Watts:
Featured Sponsor: Jelly Telly
JellyTelly is the only streaming video app designed specifically for kids where God is real and His Word is true. Co-developed with VeggieTales® creator Phil Vischer. Instantly stream hundreds of hours of safe, affirming videos and movies for kids about God, the Bible, and faith. Available on iOS, Android, and Kindle. Popular shows include: VeggieTales, Hillsong Kids, the Jesus Storybook Bible and MANY more!
Check them out at here. Make sure you use the special discount code for GodCenteredMomPodcast listeners mentioned at the beginning of this week’s show.
What we chat about:
- How Jordan’s Adele parody prompted my boys to plot an escape plan.
- How Jordan was drawn to a message of joy and freedom for women (& moms).
- Jordan’s journey to realize she is fully loved just as she was. . .not earning God’s love and in bondage.
- God gives us freedom to choose: live in freedom of Christ or try to grasp for control.
- The struggle to believe in the unconditional love of a Heavenly Father.
- The active choice to set aside earthly perceptions and surround yourself with truth.
- Trusting the slow process of transformation.
- Our control issues in motherhood.
- Letting go of the burden to “love our children to Jesus”.
- Modeling your faith for your kids and invite them along with whatever you do.
- Jordan’s infamous Chickfila poop story…DO NOT MISS THE LAST 10 MINUTES! 😉
- GCM Podcast Club
- Adele parody “Send my love to your new mother”
- Matthew 11–“Come to me if you are weary. . .”
- First15 Devotional
- John 5:39-40 MSG–Jesus standing right before you ready to give you life.
- Jeannie Cunnion (Ep 55 and Ep 91) Parenting with Grace
- Brennan Manning “Ragamuffin Gospel” **
- The Famous Chickfila Poop Story
- Jordan’s book #FeelFreetoLaugh**
- “One Day at a Time Sweet Jesus” tshirt and sweatshirt (Honeybee Boutique)
**Amazon Affiliate Link
How to listen to the podcast:
1.Listen on the blog. Click through to GodCenteredMom.com and click the play button at the beginning of this post.
2. Listen on your smartphone, iPad or iPod Touch – There are a lot of great podcasting apps. Apple has a free one (that I mentioned) in the app store, there is also one called Downcast. It allows you to search for shows, subscribe to them and even speed up the audio. If you don’t have an iDevice, you can listen via Stitcher.
3. Subscribe to the Podcast – access the podcast in iTunes (Click here to access via iTunes). You can also search for it on your smartphone app (like the ones listed above) and subscribe.