No matter what your life looks like right now, you have strengths to be used for a purpose greater than yourself.
Today's guest, Andrea Howey, shares her own story of how God revealed a hidden talent during the hardest season of her life. In an effort to embolden her faith she began hand-writing Scripture. After a Google search she discovered this gift had a name: hand-lettering. Now God is using her gift to bless thousands daily through her Instagram posts.
The more Andrea leaned into the goodness of the Lord and His Word the less the grip of grief held her down. She found His word has power to bring hope, courage, grace to life.
"His breath is still warm on the page"
In this episode Andrea and I chat about her story. She speaks words of encouragement over anyone following a new path God has for them. We discuss grief, in its many forms. And praying boldly for healing while staying secure in God's ultimate plan for us and those we love.
And I can't wait for you to check out Andrea's fabulous work over on Instagram. . .
Connect with Andrea Howey:
16 Free Family Devotionals About Jesus!
For the next 4 weeks, learn about the life and teachings of Jesus with free devotionals from JellyTelly. Help your kids know that Jesus is our Messiah, our Teacher and our King! Follow along for just 5 minutes a day (4 times a week) as we discover how Jesus fulfilled the Old Testament prophecies, taught about life in the Kingdom of God, and died and rose again to bring us all the gift of new life in him!
Your family will love the weekly memory verse, short video, discussion questions and new daily printable activities on the JellyTelly blog. Sign up to receive the free devotionals by email today.
JellyTelly is the only streaming video app designed specifically for kids where God is real and His Word is true. Co-developed with VeggieTales® creator Phil Vischer. Instantly stream hundreds of hours of safe, affirming videos and movies for kids about God, the Bible, and faith. Available on iOS, Android, and Kindle. Popular shows include: VeggieTales, Hillsong Kids, the Jesus Storybook Bible and MANY more!
Check them out at here. Make sure you use the special discount code for GodCenteredMomPodcast listeners mentioned at the beginning of this week's show.
What we chat about:
- How Andrea's faith was challenged and how Scripture strengthened her.
- How her hand lettering ministry came out of a tragedy.
- Giving people space to grieve in their own ways.
- How to live by faith in the moment-by-moment of trials.
- Andrea's transition from her full-time job to her new hand-lettering business.
- How God has a designed a place for you and your talent.
- Encouragement for the introvert to allow God's grace to pull you forward.
**Amazon Affiliate Link
How to listen to the podcast:
1.Listen on the blog. Click through to GodCenteredMom.com and click the play button at the beginning of this post.
2. Listen on your smartphone, iPad or iPod Touch – There are a lot of great podcasting apps. Apple has a free one (that I mentioned) in the app store, there is also one called Downcast. It allows you to search for shows, subscribe to them and even speed up the audio. If you don’t have an iDevice, you can listen via Stitcher.
3. Subscribe to the Podcast – access the podcast in iTunes (Click here to access via iTunes). You can also search for it on your smartphone app (like the ones listed above) and subscribe.