You see the pic on instagram. A group of moms from your community enjoying a girls trip together. And, woosh. You are transported to your junior high self. All those rejection feelings resurface.
It isn’t just past and current rejection that sting. The fear of future rejection can keep you locked up and lonely.
If you and I could grab coffee, we’d share stories of being left out. Uninvited. And how those events left marks on our souls.
Rejection steals the best of who I am by reinforcing the worst of what’s been said to me. -Lysa TerKeurst
A few weeks ago, former podcast guests, Kay Wyma and Courtney DeFeo invited me to gather around Courtney’s kitchen table. We welcomed author, Lysa TerKeurst, to talk about her latest book, “Uninvited: Living Loved When You Feel Less Than, Left Out and Lonely”**.
In this episode you’re invited to join us around the table. Listening to our chat about the topics of rejection and friendship break-ups. Lysa shares wisdom and encouragement from wrestling with this topic herself. And the conclusions she comes to will lift your spirit.
God’s love isn’t based on me. It’s simply placed on me. And it’s the place from which I should live . . . loved.- Lysa TerKeurst
(If you want to join us via video, check out Kay’s vodcast the “Say Something Show”).
Featured Sponsor: FOCUSed15 studies
“Everyday Peace” by Katie Orr
Hungry for more Bible study but not sure how to make it fit into the fast pace of life?
Check this out >>> FOCUSed15.com
Connect with Lysa:
Connect with Courtney:
Connect with Kay:
What we chat about:
- How the people pleasing Lysa explored in “The Best Yes” led her to the message of “Uninvited”
- All of us are either healing from a past rejection, dealing with a current rejection or fearing a future one.
- Lysa’s memory of being uninvited to a middle school birthday party and not getting the pink shirt.
- The truth of God’s unconditional love over you and His plan to use your hurt for good.
- What if the lack of an invitation (rejection) is God’s protection over you?
- Two social media challenges.
- Helping others and thinking of others, eases our own loneliness.
- The real hurt and recovery from friendship “break-ups”.
- Dealing with our own broken places especially if we see a chain of broken relationships.
- “The Self-Analysis Quiz” and then a form for a trusted friend to fill out.
- What Lysa wants you to do to the book when you’re done reading it.
- Previous episodes: Lysa TerKeurst (Ep45), Kay Wyma (Ep 85 & Bonus Episode), Courtney DeFeo (50)
- “The Best Yes” by Lysa TerKeurst **
- Dr. Caroline Leaf–21 Day Brain Detox
**Amazon Affiliate Link
How to listen to the podcast:
1.Listen on the blog. Click through to GodCenteredMom.com and click the play button at the beginning of this post.
2. Listen on your smartphone, iPad or iPod Touch – There are a lot of great podcasting apps. Apple has a free one (that I mentioned) in the app store, there is also one called Downcast. It allows you to search for shows, subscribe to them and even speed up the audio. If you don’t have an iDevice, you can listen via Stitcher.
3. Subscribe to the Podcast – access the podcast in iTunes (Click here to access via iTunes). You can also search for it on your smartphone app (like the ones listed above) and subscribe.
Thank you, thank you for this podcast. This came at a perfect time for me, I feel that God led me to it. I have been praying about this issue a lot lately and this really helped me. Thank you again.
oh elisabeth! thank you for taking time to let me know! love that God uses this little podcast to minister to hearts that need to be encouraged and lifted up! what a privilege. may grace overwhelm you today!
Other issues to count on from Block Story include: levels, skill factors, torches to light your approach in caves, crafting, numerous
tools and a big number of biomes (including the very distinctive sky, reefs and Hell).
LOVE this episode! I really struggle with this and not being apart of an exclusive community and feel left out, but flood my schedule with social things. Still praying through this!
Yes yes yes – I just devoured this show. How many times have we all gone to ‘relax’ on facebook only to see sunshine-y glimpses into other people’s worlds that have left us feeling flat, sad and rejected? Too often for me – I’m no longer on facebook and bob onto other social media only to post here and there. If it leaves us feeling anything other than loved, precious and entirely acceptable, it’s not God’s best. Thank you for this brilliant conversation and for your honesty – we ladies (and our girls) need this message to fight back against those negative voices.
If you are interested in topic: how to make money
in gta 5 story mode ps3 – you should read about Bucksflooder first